Thursday, February 26, 2009

2 old favorite songs

Ok, I know these two song are by the Dixie Chicks. They are two of my favorite songs and I stopped listening to them after they made that comment about President Bush a few years ago. I will never buy anything else sung by them but I really love these two songs. I consider them still ok to listen to because it was before they opened their mouths and expressed their political thoughts. Big mistake... it cost them their music careers. I guess they got their wish getting President Bush out of office. As for me...I love that man. I miss him and I think in the not too distant future we will all be missing him tremendously.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are definately missing out on the best music out there. There is no purer harmony than these 3 ladies.. I for one listen to them every single day...

neecie said...

Amy, I could not agree more with you when it comes to President Bush and I am afraid your right about the near future. I pray everyday about the future of our great country. As far as the Dixie Chicks, I agree with anonymous, yes they have the harmony but I just can't go back there with them either and I will be honest, I don't feel I am missing much by not listening to them. It is definitely not something I lose sleep over.

Amy said...

Neecie: Thanks for the comments. I pray for our new president and the future of our country too. I was not trying to be mean about the D. Chicks, but they really made me mad. Yes, gorgeous harmony, but there are a lot of groups with close beautiful harmony. Hope your day is a good one. Amy

Melinda said...

I miss him too - what a truly great man with great morals!