All our Rooster's In a Row...

Well...I think the saying is "All Your Ducks In A Row", but hey, we don't have ducks here, only chickens and roosters. Anyway, we are moved and tucked into our sweet East Texas home and are trying to get all our ducks in a row. Our electricity mysteriously went off this morning and the electric company said that we had not established an account. (We have had service for 5 days and have an account with them.) HA! I have nothing good to say so I won't comment any further.

Lots of trees and lovely people here. We have many friends from living here ten years ago. We are so blessed. It has all been a little overwhelming though and tiring but we are going to be ok. The wonderful people at Sid's office sent us an incredibly beautiful ,huge plant this morning. I cry really easy, but Will was worried that I was crying over a plant. :) They are super and Sid is so excited about working with them all.
Some of my roosters in a row.
This is our last view of our backyard in Shallowater. Lovely.

These are my precious friends that I miss greatly. Love you girls.
The way one room in my house looks. Why do I have so many BOOKS!!!! ugh.
Another room that just won't clean itself up!!!!
I am on my way in there right now. I may bypass the mess and take a nap. Ha!!
This is a lovely sign that my sweet sister Jan gave me for Christmas.
I love it Jan!!! Thank you for these words. I am trying to do it.
Hi Ky! Love you!
Oh course we had to get the coffee bar set up! First things first. Notice the red sign on wall. It says: Coffee, you can sleep when you are dead. A little morbid yes, but it makes me laugh.
Good reminder.
I AM Standing on the Promises. When nothing much seems familiar and you are in the midst of change and when you miss lots of people that you love...you stand on the promises.
My tendency right now is to hibernate and gain equilibrium somehow. I am happy to be here, don't get me wrong. Thrilled. Change is just hard and it takes a while to find your feet. My prayer is that I can ignore feelings of wanting to hide out and get involved and concentrate on the Joy of the Lord and in others. I am focusing on this scripture:
Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.
Phil. 2:3-4
Blessings on your day!!! Love, Amy

Comments

Candie said…
Yea for you all, Amy! I'm excited about the newness of the position you're in. All of your decor would go perfect in my house! I love it! How close are you to the metroplex?
Love that red sign! LOL That is funny!

Hang in there...you will be fine, sounds like you have lots of support already...

Be Strong and Courageous, do Not be Terrified, do Not be Discouraged, for the Lord Your God is with YOU wherever You GO! Joshua 1:9
Evan said…
Haha I love the coffee corner, I sure can share in the appreciation for coffee :) I have become quite the Coffee Aficionado in college I believe my room has been coined The Coffee Shop of Mabee Hall lol I even have a button on my backpack that says: "Doing My Part To Keep The Coffee Industry Financially Strong" Ha! Well it is good to see through your blog everyone is doing well and I can't send enough gratitude and respect to Colt for his ever-present glorification of God and as well your glorifying God through your blog, it is such an encouragement!! I hope all will continue to go well for the family as you all move into your new home, and Will and Wes start their next semester of school. God Bless!

Peace and Love Always,

Evan Jones

Popular posts from this blog

Red Velvet Trifle...

Mom's Apricot Cobbler...

Camp Blue Haven-2012