Sunday...:)

Wonderful Sunday sermon yesterday. The kind that pricks your conscience and steps lightly on your toes.
Sometimes we don't see how judgemental we are being of other people.

Matt. 7:1-2 Do not judge or you too will be judged...

"We weigh, we measure and we judge...people."


How sad for us that we toss people aside in our judgement of them by how they look or speak or act. The truth is, we do not know what is going on in their lives. We all have our stuff, our "things" that we struggle with or fight with. I need to give "grace" at all times to all people. I so need God's grace for myself. I know my own sinfulness and I need to give grace to other people as I beg to have it myself.


Our preacher, Michael Harbour is an excellent speaker and tweaker of the heart. Thank you Michael for your thoughts and asking us not to throw rocks at people but to drop our rocks.
"Jesus has come to bring salvation and not condemnation."


This is not to say that as Christians we don't stand for anything. Not at all. We do stand up for God and for His words of life. We just must do it lovingly. How can we expect people to want what we have in the Lord if we don't love them into His fellowship?
How can we expect them to respond when rocks are being thrown at them or when all they see are mean faces and harsh judgement exclaiming the word of the Lord?
Jesus himself said that the greatest of these commands is to LOVE.


The measure you give will be the measure you get.
I don't' know about you but, I need mercy and grace. I pray that I can do better at loving people, no matter what...and giving grace.

Blessings on your Monday. Love, Amy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Red Velvet Trifle...

Mom's Apricot Cobbler...

Camp Blue Haven-2012