Thursday, March 10, 2011

Off To Haiti



Joshua being installed as the leader of the Israelites:
Joshua 1-
6 Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their ancestors to give them.
7 “Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. 8 Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. 9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”

Will...be strong and courageous. Be a leader for God. Praying you there and praying you home. We love you.

Psalm 4:8 (New Century Version)

8 I go to bed and sleep in peace,
because, Lord, only you keep me safe.

4 comments:

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

Yes and Amen...agreeing with you! I remember when mine went off to Africa for a full month at age 17, just after 9/11 and the faith of this mother on her knees each day until his return. May God richly bless him and those he comes in contact with also.

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

I second that Amen and I am agreeing with you as well.

Elizabeth Mullins said...

This blog reminded me of the "Be strong and courageous" song I learned one year at a V.B.S that had this very theme. I will pray for Will as he goes on this journey!

Becky Welch said...

Prayers being said for Will, the people of Haiti, his teammates and you!!! God will do amazing things through him!!!
We have a group from Henderson down there too!! They left yesterday!