This Evening I Am...

Squirrel watching...

I think this one wants in the house.

They are everywhere.

I've named this one Rocky. He is very brave...and crazy. This Evening I Am...

Pondering life. In the midst of all of the busyness of our youngest child's senior year, including- College Applications, trying to fill out the FAFSA, having to finish our taxes before we fill out the FAFSA, youth group functions, scholarship applications, taking senior pictures and ordering graduation announcements and cap and gown, track meets, trying to motivate him to keep studying...and on and on... Our youth minister asked us to make a CD of pictures for the Senior Banquet. This stopped me in my tracks a few days ago. I shed a few happy tears remembering these precious times of his life. I know you faithful few that actually read my blog regularly are getting pretty tired of this sentimentality. Sorry. It's life for us right now and life as we know it is about to change. So strange...but I think it is going to be ok. As I listen to this first song on my play list I pray a prayer for Wes that he will always stand for God. I believe he will. Thank for listening! This Evening I am...Praying for Will

He is giving a devo. talk tonight on campus at A&M. He is a little nervous but seems very excited about speaking. He is speaking about being a Christian right now and not waiting to be who you know you need to be at a later date. These were some of his thoughts...


1 Corinthians 4:20 says...For the kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of power.


What is life about? Is is about eating and drinking and playing and growing up? About studying and marrying and trying to make alot of money? Is it about being in the right social circles and wearing the right clothes? Is it about who gets the biggest and most expensive toys and playing until you die? If we are Christians...what are we to be about?


I don't want to be just another clone college student living the American dream. I believe we can actually live the way God desires us to live. Why do we put off living for God when we can live for Him right now? We miss out on the life sustaining joy and hope when we don't focus on knowing Him better and living for Him right now. This is what living for Him right now offers us...


Psalm 28: 7-8 The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him. The LORD is the strength of his people, a fortress of salvation for his anointed one.


We are called to be more for God...if you have given your life to Him and are not living FOR Him...


Ephesians 4:20-23 says... 20 That, however, is not the way of life you learned 21 when you heard about Christ and were taught in him in accordance with the truth that is in Jesus. 22 You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; 23 to be made new in the attitude of your minds; 24 and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.


I ask again...Who are you? What are you doing here? We need to live for today...not for the future as Christians. We need to be serving today, helping today, memorizing scripture today, getting to know Jesus TODAY!


WHY? Because in the long run...nothing else matters.


This was Paul's prayer for us...Eph. 3:16-21 16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. 20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.


I just want to encourage us to live for Jesus today. Make it the most important thing in our lives to be in the Word of God and to try to be Jesus with skin on to other people.


1 Corinthians 15:58- Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

Comments

Kelly Evans said…
I love reading about your boys! What a blessing to know that your sweet little boys have grown into faithful (& still sweet)Christian men! What a blessing you and Sid are to them! Your blog inspires me in so many ways.
TexWisGirl said…
You've raised a great young man. He has an easy smile and a big heart.
WOW! Go Will! That was awesome...your boys are definitely something to be proud of. I am so impressed and pray that my boys will love the Lord like that!

Here's a hug to you for a job well done with your boys. (your hubby too)!

Popular posts from this blog

Red Velvet Trifle...

Mom's Apricot Cobbler...

Camp Blue Haven-2012