Enchanted Rock Weekend...

Before I show you these pictures of this incredible place I wanted to share with you a scripture I read this morning:


Ps. 73: 25&26

Whom have I in heaven but You?

And earth has nothing I desire besides You.

My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.


I pray that our hearts will long so greatly for God that nothing this earth has to offer will compare with the peace and hope He gives us through Jesus Christ.


This gorgeous sunset was captured by Wes as we were driving toward Enchanted Rock on Friday evening.

Camping out is so awesome.

Being out in nature and hearing the sounds of the outdoors is such a blessing. The sky was lovely and this rock was HUGE!
Our youth group posing for a pic near the top

Gorgeous blue sky and fun kids makes for one super day...
Unfortunately, we saw way to many of these.

One is too many but our count was up to about five
Our brave youth minister and most of the youth adventured into this cave. It took them about 45 minutes to get out. They went in a second time and a rattlesnake scare hurried them up. whew...no way that you could get me in there...
Going in...


Mr. horny toad giving us a glare...

Crazy Emma and scout master John Bob

John Bob...wonderful singer and story teller...lots of laughter and smiles
Blessings on this new week! The sun is shining and we are alive. God is good.

Let's get out there and spread SON shine to the world!

Love, Amy

Comments

TexWisGirl said…
wonderful shots of some nature!
Oh we haven't been in years...well 13 years, and I so miss seeing Enchanted Rock...I must put that back on our list. Now I don't want to see the snakes...that is way too many for me, and they are already out? The horny toad, oh my, I would love the kids to see one of those.

Your trip looks great..what a wonderful way to touch youths life and impress on them the greatness of our Mighty God. Great trip.
Warren Baldwin said…
Cool pictures! And I hope the one of the girl holding a rattlesnake is 1/2 a snake (looks like it in the picture).

Popular posts from this blog

Red Velvet Trifle...

Mom's Apricot Cobbler...

Camp Blue Haven-2012