Restless...

(please pause blog music at the bottom of the page. thank you.)

I have posted before about how much I love the band Switchfoot. Our oldest son introduced us to their music. We could not help but get a little addicted to it hearing it blasting out of his room for several years.  I was annoyed for a while until I started really listening to the words of their songs. They touch so very beautifully at the heart of our deepest emotions toward God.  I know, they are hard rock (most of the time) and have long hair and I seem way too old to be into this kind of music. Whatever. I guess we never get so old that our hearts don't remember being young.  I pray we never loose that adventurous abandon to just love and live out loud and be who we are really supposed to be. So, I offer no apologies and even want to share this new song from their "Vice Verses" album.  It is called Restless and I love the lyrics and the thoughts and how it makes me think about God and being restless and staying restless in my search and longing for Him.  I hope you enjoy. Our boys are restless. I am restless sometimes. I want to be restless all of the time. I think that would be good.  
Colossians 4:2

New Century Version
Continue praying, keeping alert, and always thanking God.

I am the sea on a moonless night
Calling falling, slipping tides
I am the leaky, dripping pipes
The endless, aching drops of lights

I am the raindrop falling down
Always longing for the deeper ground
I am the broken, breaking seas
Even my blood finds ways to bleed

Even the rivers ways to run
Even the rain to reach the sun
Even my thirsty streams
Even in my dreams

I am restless
I am restless
I am breathless
I’m looking for you

I am restless
I run like the ocean to find your shore
I’m looking for you

Running for the other side
The world that I’ve always been denied
I’m running for the infinite
With the tears of saints and hypocrites


Oh, blood of black and white and grey
Oh, death in life and night in day
One by one by one
We let our rivers run
They run restless
Run restless
Drifting and breathless
I’m looking for you

We run restless
We run like the ocean to reach your shore
I’m looking for you

I can hear you breathing
I can feel you leading
More than just a feeling

I can feel you you reaching
Pushing through the ceiling
Till the final healing
Everything completing

Until the sea of glass we meet
At last completed and complete
Where tide and tear and pain subside
And laughter drinks them dry

I’ll be waiting
Anticipating
All that I aim for
What I was made for

With every heartbeat
All of my blood bleeds
Running inside me
I’m looking for you

Comments

Wa Wa Waughs said…
I just heard an interview yesterday on KLOVE with the lead singer of Switchfoot about this song. I love hearing what leads songwriters to write their songs! Sweet! Wonderful prayer thought.
Kikoprincess said…
Thanks for the song sharing. Definitely needed it tonight :)
Anonymous said…
Try NEEDTOBREATHE, they are very much of the same mold.
Amy said…
I agree! Needtobreathe are wonderful too! Thanks!
Anonymous said…
nice post thanks for sharing!
Vickie said…
I have to say, I've never listened to them unless they've been on the Christian radio station. I will have to have to check them out, cuz I LOVE THE LYRICS! Thanks for passing this along, Amy!

Popular posts from this blog

Red Velvet Trifle...

Mom's Apricot Cobbler...

Camp Blue Haven-2012