Focus...



I wanted to share some thoughts from our friend Dorian Flynn. He spoke a few weeks ago at our church and it was SO encouraging and wonderful. What a blessing to hear words from the Word that make your heart long for the Lord and for living a better life for Him. Thank you Dorian!

Focus:

1. Focus on changing one constraint (defect) at a time. We make New Year's resolutions but sometimes we make too many and don't stick with any. Pick one thing you want to do better or change and master it. Work on it until you see change.

2. Focus on Victory one day at a time. Don't look ahead. This day is what we have. Be victorious. Don't put life off until tomorrow.

3. Focus on God's power, not my willpower. His power is foolproof. My willpower fails me all of the time.

4. Focus on the good, not the bad. List the things that are good in your life! There is so much!

5. Focus on doing good, not feeling good. Proverbs 16:3 - Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. Fake it till you make it comes to mind. Sometimes we don't feel like being the people we should be for God, but the feelings follow. Just do it.

6. Focus on people who help and don't hinder you. 1 Cor. 15:33- Do not be misled- "Bad company corrupts good character." Move on from relationships that bring you down. Do your best and have your say and move on. If someone is influencing you more than you are them...away from the Lord...move on.

7. Focus on progress, not perfection. Phil. 1:6- being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

Keep going! He loves us! He knows we are not perfect.

Exciting words from my quiet/coffee time with the Lord this morning...

Ps. 27:1-2 &4
The Lord is my light and my salvation-
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life-
of whom shall I be afraid?

One thing I ask of the Lord,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord
all the days of my life
to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord
and to seek Him in His temple.

Blessings on your day! Let's make it a great one! Amy

Comments

Wa Wa Waughs said…
A timely message when we are starting to fail at our good intentioned resolutions!

Thanks!
Anonymous said…
Great morning message, quite inspiring, you go girl!

Popular posts from this blog

Red Velvet Trifle...

Mom's Apricot Cobbler...

Camp Blue Haven-2012