Pray- 7:03...Idols...

Join us as we pray everyday at 7:03 am for the persecuted church and for ourselves as we realize our idols in our lives that we must lay down and give over to God.
He is to be on the throne of our hearts.
The verse above speaks of the idols of Baal or Ashtoreth that were worshipped in early days and who knows, may still be worshipped.




Could our idols possibly be sports for our children and watching sports for adults? Other idols for us seem to include television and movies and music or making idols out of our children instead of teaching them the fear and awesomeness of the Lord and the fact that life is not about them. Of course, there are many more like sex and food and possessions, etc., and on and on.

I am praying that God can help us identify our idols in our lives and take them down a notch below the top of the throne. I don't feel as if we have to do away with some of these more harmless things we enjoy, but to have the right priorities about where they fit in in our lives. If they are causing a large space and distance between God and I, then they cannot be healthy.

I love these verses:

2 Corinthians 6: 16-18
16 What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? 
For we are the temple of the living God. 
As God has said:
“I will live with them
and walk among them,
and I will be their God,
and they will be my people.”

17 Therefore,
“Come out from them
 and be separate,
says the Lord.
Touch no unclean thing,
 and I will receive you.”
18 And,
“I will be a Father to you,
  and you will be my sons and daughters,
  says the Lord Almighty.”

Food for thought and for Praise! Again...

As God has said:
“I will live with them
    and walk among them,
and I will be their God,
    and they will be my people.”
We serve only THE true God. Not cold stone.
Not our own desires or loves.



Comments

Wa Wa Waughs said…
I really liked the pictures of idols -then and now. Really thought provoking!

Popular posts from this blog

Red Velvet Trifle...

Mom's Apricot Cobbler...

Camp Blue Haven-2012