Negativity Stinks...

This super little easy to read book has been out since 2007. I am wondering why I have not seen it before but am very thankful to have gotten my hands on it and my mind pondering its principles. I think it was written for people in the workplace or folks in leadership roles specifically, but hey, aren't we all meant to be leaders? 

This book gives 10 rules to fuel your life, your work or your team with positive energy. When I first read that it sort of smacked of "new age" with the word energy in the subtitle. Not the case though. It is about how being a positive, energetic person can energize the people around you. I was hoping that eventually it would speak of Jesus but it never went there. If you add the reason (Jesus) for true joy and energy and positivity then you really have something to shout about! 


I love this goal planning page in the book. I firmly believe that we have to set high and lofty goals. We need goals that inspire and excite us to move forward.  If we envision positive and energizing goals for life, our work, our team, our relationships and most importantly our families, we will be on the road to improving all aspects of our life. My brother used to say "If you set low goals you will always hit them so set HIGH goals." Think big! Think of goals that you can only reach with God's help!


Enjoy this super little book. I sure did. 

I will leave you with these thoughts from class this morning. We talked about what it means to deny yourself and take up your cross daily and follow Jesus.  DAILY was the word that stuck out to me. 

If we focus on Jesus and feed on His word daily we will probably have the mindset to try to be His hands and feet on this earth.  We will choose to try to lose our selfishness and focus on following Him and trying to love like He does.  People won't be able to resist our "Energy Bus" attitude if we choose to live this way. 

Comments

Sandi said…
"If you add the reason (Jesus) for true joy and energy and positivity then you really have something to shout about!"

Amen.

"We will choose to try to lose our selfishness and focus on following Him and trying to love like He does."

This is a superpower!

Wa Wa Waughs said…
I think I have read this book! Good reminder!

Popular posts from this blog

Red Velvet Trifle...

Mom's Apricot Cobbler...

Camp Blue Haven-2012