Getting The New Year Started...


I finally washed and changed my chalk board for the new year.  A fresh start feels good. It's a little cliche to believe in new year's resolutions but I kind of like it. Revisiting goals and ways of living and brainstorming on better ways is good for me.  I usually lament taking down the Christmas decorations and still do (a little) but also felt some relief to clean up and restore normalcy.  

This past week we had some dear friends over that I have missed and have tried to connect with for a long time. We all go to the same church crazily enough but when you go to a big church you have to work extra hard to keep connection. My house was a mess. I live by this motto below and ask for a little forgiveness. We don't live nasty, no way, but if a door is closed you might not want to look behind that unless you want to see the real me. :) 

But, seriously, if we have to have everything perfect before we have someone over and share our hospitality we might never do it. We all feel the same I think. Just do it. Fellowship is good for the soul and there is something heart warming about sharing a meal in our homes. 
In looking at the past week in our One Year Bible these scriptures really touched me:

For the Lord gives wisdom and from His mouth come knowledge and understanding. Prov. 2:6

(He gives when we ask. He tells us to ask for wisdom and He will give it. Supernatural wisdom? Yes. Please.)
Today this scripture was also about wisdom:
Proverbs 3:16-18


Another that really got my imagination going:
I say to you that many will come from the east and from the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the Kingdom of Heaven.  Gen. 24:50

That's us you guys! Can you imagine? Maybe that might be one of my problems. Maybe I don't imagine enough what our final destination will be like.  Can you imagine gathering at a feast with the men and women that we have read about in the Bible? Praise our good God that we have that to anticipate! What a great thing to dream about and to look forward to and to help us examine our daily lives here on earth.  I am looking forward to a reserved spot at that table.

I will leave you with this last inspiring verse:

You are the light of the world!! Let your light shine before men so that they can see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven!  Matt. 5:14-15

Did you catch that we are to have good deeds? I firmly believe that being in the Word leads to the excitement of doing good deeds toward others. When I am not reading and growing in knowledge of God I am all about myself. Why would I feel motivated to be about loving people much?  When I am grounded in the Word and reading daily I am reminded that this world is about Jesus and not about me. He says to love and that for sure ties into thinking of good deeds to shower upon people.

Have a great week! Let's dig in, stay in the Word and become more for grounded for Him and for the Kingdom!

Blessings! Amy



Comments

Wa Wa Waughs said…
Happy New Year! Love your chalkboard and I love resolutions too! It always takes me a few weeks to decided though - I ponder longer. Ha!

Popular posts from this blog

Red Velvet Trifle...

Mom's Apricot Cobbler...

Camp Blue Haven-2012