Come then Go! Just One...


Could it be that simple?
Jesus says two important things: Come to Me and then Go out to others.

We seem to get so distracted by side church issues that we lose our focus on what is most important. I think that is probably the way that the evil one crafts his plans and smirks at his success in our distraction.

Love God.
Love people.
Make disciples.

Simple and hard and so worth our focus.

Luke 10:27
He answered, "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"


Loving God is the start. 
Be in the Word. 
Talk to Him. 
Listen to Him. 
Be led by Him.
He helps us to be molded into people with hearts that can love the world around us with unselfishness and abandon.

Most of us stop there. I sure have.

When we get to the making disciples part we slow down and shake and make excuses and look away. But, the more I dwell in His Word and gain strength and knowledge and movement of His Spirit in my heart and mind the more that I believe that I can witness to His goodness and His saving plan not only for myself but for ALL who would believe.

Matt. 28:18-20
Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

What if each of us in our humble, even scared minds asked God to just give us one person to study with and share the hope of Jesus with? 

Just one. Imagine. 
Luke 9:60- Go and proclaim the Kingdom of God.

Just one Father. Just one. I pray You show us just one.

Blessings! Amy






Comments

Wa Wa Waughs said…
The Hubs and I have had several discussions the past year or so regarding the words of Jesus. What did he say about ______? He told us what was necessary, and then he answered Love God and Love Others when asked about what commandment was the greatest. So we are left to discern about specific things but it all boils down reflecting God's love. I was also reminded recently that "Go into all the world and preach" was his last instruction to us! It's important. We will never get it all right but thank God for his grace!!! Love you.

Popular posts from this blog

Red Velvet Trifle...

Mom's Apricot Cobbler...

Camp Blue Haven-2012