The Narnia Wardrobe...

I remember the first time I spied the book "The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe." It was in the library at Taylor Elementary School and I was in the sixth grade. The cover looked interesting and I fell in love with the fantasy and beauty of it. At the time I had no idea that the story was a loosely telling of the story of Jesus and morals and living by the truth of God.  I can't count the times I have read it sense then for myself, for the love of it and for our boys and now our grandchildren.
So thankful for The Chronicles of Narnia.
We just remodeled and moved into an older home with a sweet old staircase and a few stained glass windows here and there. The moment I stepped through the front door in spite of the major renovations that needed to be done I fell in love.

The old place just had character and lots of heart.  I feel this home has sweet whimsy. One of the most enchanting things about it is that it has a little closet that is tucked away behind a hobbit sized door. The first time we looked at the house I did not even notice the closet but the second time we walked through I noticed it and dreamed of turning it into a secret Narnia room. We had just the old wardrobe to use for this enchanted spot. Several friends have asked for pictures and an update on it so here you go...
It will be sort of an add as I go project. I hope to do a painting of the trees in snow and the lamp post on the back wall in the next few months. (Right now there is a small poster of the lamp post in winter.) The back of the wardrobe came off easy and the fur coat you see hanging there was my husband's Mom's coat that she gave to me. I love the fact that a part of her is participating in this project. I think she would have loved it.
Our precious grand girls love the secret closet and I have watched the movie "The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe" with the older one.  (Except for a few scary parts.) It was beautiful getting to tell her why Aslan died and why and how he came back to life. Thank you C.S. Lewis for your imagination and for your story speaks of the story of Jesus.  
I look forward to many lovely moments reading and playing and dreaming and praying over these Kingdom girls from now on in this secret Narnia closet.





“But, first, remember, remember, remember the signs. Say them to yourself when you wake in the morning and when you lie down at night, and when you wake in the middle of the night. And whatever strange things may happen to you, let nothing turn your mind from following the signs. And secondly, I give you a warning. Here on the mountain I have spoken to you clearly: I will not often do so down in Narnia. Here on the mountain, the air is clear and your mind is clear; as you drop down into Narnia, the air will thicken. Take great care that it does not confuse your mind. And the signs which you have learned here will not look at all as you expect them to look, when you meet them there. That is why it is so important to know them by heart and pay no attention to appearances. Remember the signs and believe the signs. Nothing else matters.” 
C. S. Lewis, The Chronicles of Narnia

"Safe?” said Mr. Beaver; “don’t you hear what Mrs. Beaver tells you? Who said anything about safe? ‘Course he isn’t safe. But he’s good. He’s the King, I tell you." ~ C. S. Lewis 



"He'll be coming and going" he had said. "One day you'll see him and another you won't. He doesn't like being tied down--and of course he has other countries to attend to. It's quite all right. He'll often drop in. Only you mustn't press him. He's wild, you know. Not like a tame lion." ~ C. S. Lewis
Blessings! Amy

Comments

Sandi said…
Blessings!

This was encouraging. 😊
Robin Waugh said…
How cool! Ready for a home tour!

Popular posts from this blog

Red Velvet Trifle...

Mom's Apricot Cobbler...

Camp Blue Haven-2012