Raining Cats and Dogs

"Good gravy", as my Mom likes to say. That phrase ALWAYS makes our kids grin and laugh. It is raining buckets full right now. Needless to say we just don't get this kind of rain in West Texas very often. We are wondering if it might invite itself into the house tonight while we are sleeping. The waters in the ditch beside our house are only about 6 to 8 feet away from the house and water is over the curb in the front. Interesting. We survived nearly 2 quarters of Wesley's football game tonight. We were soaked to our socks by the time they called the game for lightening or too much water on the field or just not being able to see the people in front of you. ha. The boys were loving it. It was actually quite fun watching their joy playing in the rain and mud. Sometimes things that happen that are just a little out of the ordinary are really a delight. I am glad I did not miss it. The cheerleaders were in their bare feet dancing in the puddles. Rain is beautiful.
Will has a bad groin pull from their first football game and now the trainer thinks it might also be a sports hernia. He had an MRI today and we should know tomorrow what we are dealing with. I appreciate your prayers for his state of mind. He is frustrated and down. Thanks.
On a somber note, 9/11 remembrance today. My heart was heavy recalling those horrific events of that day. I made myself remember and dwell on it a little because I never want to forget it. I pray for those that lost loved ones and hope that they are getting the comfort that they need so badly. I pray most of all that they find their comfort and hope in our Messiah, Jesus.
We are traveling to sing at Brad's church on Sunday with a stop in Abilene to watch Chance play football. Colts game was called off because of the hurricane. I pray that there will be no loss of life due to Ike.
On a happy note...I will leave you with a few pictures from the past week or so. Love to you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Red Velvet Trifle...

Mom's Apricot Cobbler...

Camp Blue Haven-2012