Red Velvet Trifle...


So easy it's embarrassing!
Here it is:

One box of Betty Crocker Red Velvet Cake mix.
1 semi sweet choc. chips
1 small Half and Half- (use half a cup)
1small carton of whipping cream
1 package of cream cheese
Half cup sugar

Bake cake (follow box directions), let cool and crumble.
Stir together cream cheese, sugar and whipping cream with blender until smooth.
Melt chocolate chips in bowl and then add half and half. Stir until smooth.
Layer in trifle dish. Enjoy.
 Alaska memories. Love this fat Santa above.
Thrilled with how this little wreath turned out.
Happy Christmas decorating!
Remember:
Your family probably does not care if your house looks like something out of Southern Living.
They love the traditions and old ornaments and chipped Christmas mugs and plates.
Our kids sure do. It is hard when we compare what we have to other people's "things" or decorations.
We are all so richly blessed.
I say, just don't do it.
I am trying to have the attitude of gratitude. I said it a few weeks ago-
And I will say it again...just for myself:
Colossians 2: 6-7
So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in Him,  rooted and built up in Him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.

Blessings! Amy

Comments

Vickie said…
Hi Amy! I have to make this. LOVE red velvet cake! This looks awesome! My daughter made some red velvet cake balls for Thanksgiving and now between you and her, I have a hankering for some more! She will love this recipe, too - her boyfriend loves any kind of trifle!

I agree with you - I'm trying to just use what I've got for Christmas decor and staying away from the craft stores. Your wreath looks great over the table! I never thought about doing that!

Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Apricot Cobbler...

Camp Blue Haven-2012