Graduation and Sierra

Well, we have a high school graduate! It was fun and not as much of a cry fest as I thought it would be. I has been a hard and busy week with graduation and Sid and I being in charge of the food for project graduation. It went really good. We got home after staying up all night at the party about 5:30am. The kids all had a great time and the food part went smoothly.
My friend Lisa's daughter Sierra passed away on Thurs. and so we drove home for her funeral on Sunday. This past week has been way over the top on being emotional. I am ready, Lord willing for a little down time.
Please keep Lisa and Savannah (Sierra's sister) in your prayers. I can't imagine loosing my 15 year old daughter and my sister. Heartbreaking.

This morning coming home Will said that during Sierra's funeral he kept thinking about the song "This Is Home" and how Sierra is finally home where she belongs...where we all belong. We should just be visitors passing through this world experience. Let's keep our bags packed for our real "home".
I wanted to play this video from the " Prince Caspian" movie. If you have not ever read C.S. Lewis' Chronicles of Narnia, then you need to get busy and find them and read them. They give such a beautiful view of Jesus and going home. The writer of this song John Foreman says that C.S. Lewis helps us feel the longing for heaven in his works and he is right.
We love you Lisa, Lou David, Rhoda, Savannah, Angie, Greg, Chara, and Chelsea.
We will see her again.
Hit pause on the play list and enjoy the video.




SWITCHFOOT LYRICS
This Is Home

I've got my memories
They're always inside of me
But I can't go back
Back to how it was
I believe it now
I've seen too much
But I can't go back
Back to how it was
Created for a place
I've never known

This is Home
Now I'm finally where I belong
Where I belong
Yeah, this is home
I've been searching for a place of my own
Now I've found it,
Yeah this is home
Yeah, this is home

Belief over misery
I've seen the enemy
And I won't go back
Back to how it was
And I've got my heart set on what happens next
I've got my eyes wide and it's not over yet
We are miracles
And we're not alone
And now after all my searching
After all my questions
I'm gonna call it home
I've got a brand new mindset
I can finally see the sunset
I'm gonna call it home
Now I know,
Yeah this is home
I've come too far
No, I won't go back
This is home





Sweet Wesley
The Brothers

G. Jan and D.Burl
Will with Abigail and Aunt Becky

Will with Mama Jo and D. Bob and Sid and I

The back to back picture with Abigail. We have been taking this picture since they could stand up. So cute.
Thank you Charlie for all the "guy" goodies for Will!

My Sweet Wesley.

The graduation stash. Will says this is better than birthdays and Christmas!

Blessings friends. We love you! Amy

Comments

Candie said…
I can here the sincerity in your "voice" when I read your posts. It reminds me of reading my dad's blog. How tall is your graduate anyway???? :) I hope you have a fabulous summer with your family!!
Congratulations on survival of the Graduation Festivities!

Sorry to hear about your friends loss. We too have family friends that just lost their daughter night before last--she was in her 30's but their only child. Have a wonderful week!

Popular posts from this blog

Red Velvet Trifle...

Mom's Apricot Cobbler...

Camp Blue Haven-2012