Monday Musings

Good Monday morning! This post will be the most random of thoughts that I have ever typed up. Good luck!
Scripture for this morning:
Ps. 8: 1-
Oh Lord our Lord, how majestic is Your name in all the earth!


The sermon our preacher gave yesterday was "Happiness Is A Choice"
Boy did I need to hear some of the things that were said. Some thoughts:

Happiness is independent of possessions.
Happiness is contentment in whatever circumstance we are in.

I can choose to be happy...
1. Accept where you are...
2. Develop an inner strength through God
(My blessings outnumber my problems...count them I dare you!)
3. Develop an attitude of adventure
4. Learn to like people...invest in people

Romans 12:9-13 (New Living Translation)
9 Don’t just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good.

10 Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other. 11 Never be lazy, but work hard and serve the Lord enthusiastically.
12 Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying.
13 When God’s people are in need, be ready to help them. Always be eager to practice hospitality.

One suggestion was to have a Memory Box and put thankful thoughts on paper and into the box to keep and go back to and see how blessed we are. I like that idea.

More randomness:
Will has been gone for a week now. I have really been pretending that he was just gone to some summer camp and it hit me yesterday that he is really gone for a long time. I am trying to be grown up about all of this but these are the things that stink:

Eating at the supper table without him. None of us like it. We have decided to eat at the bar for a while...

I thought that I hated Wes and Will always fighting and wrestling in the car whenever we were all together. Now I just miss it. So does Wes.

I got so mad at them when they were wrestling after church one day and dove and broke Will's bed, but now I wish he was here again to break any bed! any bed at all. I would not care! :)

I miss his big bear hugs. I miss his smiles. I miss a million other things about him. He is a great kid, well...man. So Will...if you are reading this, I can't write everything we miss about you because it would never end, but just know you are missed, greatly.

Now... for some positives. Will...please don't let these hurt your feelings! ha.
I get to buy WAY less groceries.
There is WAY less laundry.
So there you go!
The pictures below are very random and probably by now you have quit reading this very long post...that is ok. I am just having fun writing it. My camera is broken at the moment so here are some photos from the summer and some thoughts.

What a handsome young man!
Me with my happy face on!
My wonderful in laws. Bob and JoAnn Walker. They live about 7 hours away from us and so we don't get to see them nearly enough. They are so sweet and kind and I miss them. They are usually at the Red River Family Encampment with us but have not been able to come the past few years. It is not the same without them. Just not as fun.
This is where Will is living right now. He is loving it.
This is a picture that we took in San Diego at Carlsbad Beach. Absolutely gorgeous. Thank you God for the time that we enjoyed there!
This is a picture of Will, Wes, Chance and Case coming down from a hike in Red River. As they were coming down we were staging a robbery in our condo. A couple of these upstanding boys were hording some money they had been given while pretending they needed money from their parents. The said parents found out they had rolls of money and decided to rob them. We ransacked the condo and hid every valuable thing including laptops, money, jewelry, etc. We even got the grandmother in on the fun (she was such a great actress) and we videotaped the caper. When they came down from the hike she yelled out the balcony that "We have been robbed!" They ran up and lost it! It was a lovely site to behold. Wes ran down the stairs with his HUGE knife (that he was not supposed to bring) and said, "Let's go get them!" Hopefully I will get a copy of the video before long to share the laughter with you. It was a classic caper.
Ransacking
Chance...after. He did not think it was funny! He still doesn't. :)

New Mexico Flowers.
The family...24 years of singing together. What a blessing it has been, and great fun!
One of my favorite spots in Red River. ahh...
Have a blessed day! Enjoy the last week of summer! Amy

Comments

Debbie said…
I have always felt that most happiness is a chose. And we all have so many things to be happy about.

Popular posts from this blog

Red Velvet Trifle...

Mom's Apricot Cobbler...

Camp Blue Haven-2012