Willard Tate

Good morning. Our world lost a beautiful person last night. Willard Tate, former coach, teacher, motivational speaker, preacher, husband and father. Wow, so many more words should be used to describe this man. I am crying as I write this because I cannot express how much I loved him and how much my parents and brothers loved this man. He was a light for God and a great friend. In a world of pain and the ordinary, he was full of color and life and enthusiasm and beauty. He had a way of expressing great "heart truths" to people when he spoke. When he preached and talked about God his words always brought us closer to the throne and the arms of God.

Willard and his wife Bobbie have been special friends to my Mom and Dad. There have been some really tough things that these couples have walked through together and Willard has been an incredible support and friend to my Father for years. Thank you God for the beautiful friendship and bond that they have enjoyed.

So many memories. Times of fun and visiting in their home when I was a teenager with their daughter Elisabeth. Summer after summer of blessings and fun at the Red River Encampment. I loved the nights we sat around and Willard played his banjo and Michael his guitar and we sang and laughed. One time Mark and his kids were there and they brought there instruments and we had a great time playing and singing. Willard had an other worldly singing voice. So beautiful. So many times at the end of a sermon he would sing some song that always touched people and brought them closer to God. Thank you Willard for pointing us to Him. I could go on and on.

" Thank you God for this man and what he has meant to us. Thank you for his life that he lived for You." I praise You, Mighty God for how You lived in his heart and moved in his life. I have to say I am a little envious that he is with You this morning, and that You are with him. Heaven is sounding really good. Please hold our hearts tightly Father. Bless and comfort Bobbie, Elisabeth, Mark and their families. We love you Elohim."

2 Corinthians 1: 2-4
2 May God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ give you grace and peace.
3 All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort.
4 He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Red Velvet Trifle...

Mom's Apricot Cobbler...

Camp Blue Haven-2012