I Sure Will Miss Her...See You Tuesday...

My Aunt Glenna died a few days ago. In the picture below she is the sweet lady with her arm around the Bear. (That is my Uncle Ed. I lovingly have called him the bear forever because he seemed so mean and bear like when I was young and then when I knew him better later he was a big lovin' bear that enjoyed teaching me to drink coffee and teasing me about just eating peanut butter...long story...) Anyway, I just love my Aunt Glen. She let me come out and live with her in Anaheim when I quit college after my sophomore year. She was patient and loving with me and I had the best time living in her house with Ricky my cousin from Bakersfield. So many memories...

Fishing off the Balboa pier with her. She LOVED to fish.
Fishing in lakes around Antlers, Okla.
Standing on her little white fence in the front yard of her Calif. house and being just tall enough to see the Disneyland fireworks over the houses. Magical.
Being amazed at how many different fruit trees were in her back yard.
Hearing her laugh and hearing her say my name in her cute, sweet voice.
The smell of her house.
Going to church with her at State College Church of Christ
Heading to Balboa Beach for summertime cookouts with the family.
Priceless memories...


I could go on and on but you would just click off I am sure because these memories mean not a thing to most anyone else. But you know, I have a sadness at trying to sum up a person's life. How do you do that?


I know that the most important thing in life to her was Jesus. I know I will always remember how she loved me and how I knew Him better because of her.


I will always remember her smile and her twinkle of mischief.
I love how she loved my mother her sister.
I just love life in the Lord. These people that we love the most that are not only our blood family they are more importantly our brother's and sister's in Christ.
We will be together again.


One of Aunt Glenn's favorite jokes that she told a lot was about a mom and son at the airport hugging and crying and carrying on and everyone around them was really grieving because they figured they were going to be apart for a long time or maybe forever because they were so distraught. When the son looked back the last time in tears the mom said..."See you Tuesday!"
She loved that joke and so for a lot of years always when she was telling anyone goodbye she would say "See you Tuesday."


I miss her already.


See you Tuesday Aunt Glen.
Love you.

Blessings on your day! Amy

Comments

Diana Ferguson said…
Sounds like she was a very special person to many!!
Anonymous said…
Sorry to hear about Glenna. I loved reading all of your memories of her. Blessings to you and the rest of your family during this time of loss.

Michelle
Sorry to hear of your loss...what a wonderful lady~I enjoyed reading about her and your memories.

Blessings to you dear friend in your loss of a very special lady.
Cindy Gibson Fisher said…
Amy thank you for explaining Aunt Glen. She was like my grandma since Granny died when I was so young. I will always love her sweet spirit. Family is so important, and I am truly blessed to be apart of this family.
Mollye said…
Hi Amy, A beautiful post about your beloved Aunt Glenna. I know pain as well and God graces us with the strength to be here for each other. Come visit anytime. Peace, Mollye
Shana said…
Amy,
So sorry for you loss. I have tried a couple of times to write about my grandparents since they've gone and I just can't put things into words. Blessings on you today!!
love you!!

Popular posts from this blog

Red Velvet Trifle...

Mom's Apricot Cobbler...

Camp Blue Haven-2012