Birthdays and Muffins...

Good morning! We are celebrating Will's birthday this month. What an incredible, wonderful 20 years it has been. "Thank you Father!" Being parents to our boys has been the best adventure of our lives. In Will's honor today I wanted to give his favorite muffin recipe. It is from a cookbook that my sister in law Shawna gave me years ago called "Simply Colorado". Love it!

Mountain Biker's Banana Muffins
Half cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
fourth tsp. salt
three fourths cup whole wheat flour
three fourths cup flour
third cup of oil
fourth cup milk
2 large bananas, mashed
1 tsp. vanilla
Cooking spray
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Measure sugar, baking soda, salt and flour into bowl. Add oil, milk, bananas and vanilla; mix just until flour is moistened. Fill standard size muffin cups coated with cooking spray two thirds full with batter. Bake 13-20 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy.

Will and his wonderful Daddy. The day he was born.

We fell in love immediately.
Will, getting to know his DaddyBurl.
Precious.
So...Happy Birthday William!
(Skippy, Wilbur, Willy, Walkman...etc.)
We love you dearly!!
Blessings. Amy

Comments

Carol Robertson said…
Sid used to come into the office with these muffins.....hot and fresh out of the oven in the mornings.....and they smelled SO good! I don't remember if he ever shared with me - ha! - BUT I did manage to get him to ask you for the recipe and they've been a favorite in our house too - for 9 years, I guess!! I think about you when I make them - and what a good wife and mother you are.
Amy said…
wow. Carol. Thank you. Good times. I am thankful for you. You were a great blessing to Sid. Love you and am so glad our paths crossed and can hope that someday they will cross again. Blessings on your day friend!
How precious...it never gets old to go back and look at those baby pictures...I was just doing that yesterday...the recipe looks great!

Popular posts from this blog

Red Velvet Trifle...

Mom's Apricot Cobbler...

Camp Blue Haven-2012