He is the Lifter Of My Head...

Good morning. My heart is a little heavy on this lovely sunny morning. I did some driving yesterday and took this picture out in a state park not too far from here. It is so tranquil and quiet looking. Very peaceful. My, how a Mom's heart hurts when her children are sad and struggling. I do know that God is in control though and can turn a stressful, hard time into peace and growth in Him. Thank you Father. A quote I read this morning said:
God knows the rhythm of my spirit and knows my heart thoughts.
He is as close as breathing.

I am so thankful for that.

We only have to turn to Him to feel and receive His comfort.

On another thought: I am supposed to give an update on the eating plan and working out this past week...I did eat...and I did work out. :) Weighed this morning and after stomping my foot and steam blowing out of my ears, I had to admit I did not loose this week, but I did walk about 40 minutes for 4 days out of last week. I hope to do better this week. Moving on...

I found this sweet little wooden box with four sections and a handle on it at a garage sale. I am not sure what it used to be but I love it. We have a busy week going on here. We are helping to feed the fair workers tonight at the fairgrounds, and gearing up for more football on Friday. We hear that Colt will be starting on Sunday for Cleveland. We are praying for his protection and for God to bless him to play extremely well for His glory. We are all in spiritual battles whether we know it or not. He is in a big one. If you like Colt and love Jesus, please add him to your prayer list this week. He will be going up against one of the toughest defenses in the NFL. Thank you.

Psalm 3:3
But You, O LORD, are a shield about me,
My glory, and the One who lifts my head.
Blessings on your day. Amy

Comments

Alyssa said…
I am lifting up Colt and Rachel, as well as their extended family (especially you and your family), as this weekend approaches. These verses are on my heart:

Psalm 121:5-8 for safety
Prov. 3:7-8 for good health
2 Tim. 1:7 to overcome fear
Psalm 55:22 & Isaiah 46:4 that you would feel His sustaining power.

Amy, your authenticity is so refreshing. Blessings to you!

Popular posts from this blog

Red Velvet Trifle...

Mom's Apricot Cobbler...

Camp Blue Haven-2012