I went to a Zumba class last night with a good friend. If laughing hard counts as exercise, then I should be in better shape this morning. My body does not know how to do all that those Zumba bodies are doing. Just getting my feet to do the right thing is hard enough, but making the hips go one way and arms go another all at the same time (while clapping) is NOT a piece of cake. It was fun but not easy.
The time is right for getting in shape. I have put it off for long enough. After going through a period of not feeling well I think I now have the strength to amp it up and get in better shape. Walking everyday is feeling good but I think adding weights or exercise class or something would be good. I am doing Weight Watchers on line. Great program. Shooting for loosing 15 pounds...as soon as possible of course but...however long it takes to happen. :)
Anyway, I think on every Tuesday for accountability sake I hope to write about the weight loss and fitness content of the previous week. Whew...here is to getting in better shape and feeling better in my clothes! Come along with me if you want to. I would love the company.
I will leave you with a chuckle...
Calories That Don't Count:
1. Foot on Foot: All food eaten while standing has no calories.
2. TV Food: Anything eaten in front of the TV has no calories.
3. Uneven Edges: Any edges that fall off of pies or cakes have no calories.
4. Balanced Food: If you drink a diet soda with a candy bar, they cancel each other out.
5. Food for Medicinal Purposes: This includes hot chocolate, warm milk, toast and Sara Lee cheesecake.
6. Food on Toothpicks: Sausage, mini-franks, cheese and crackers are all fattening unless impaled on frilled toothpicks. The insertion of a sharp object allows the calories to leak out of the bottom.
7. Children's Food: Anything produced, purchased, or intended for minors is calorie free for adults.
8. Charitable Foods: Girl Scout cookies, bake sale cakes, ice cream socials- all have religious dispensation from calories.
9. Custom Made Food: Anything someone makes "just for you" must be eaten regardless of the calories, because otherwise you would be uncaring and insensitive.
Blessings. Check out this website for advice on eating and living healthy.
Love Dr. Mercola and his wisdom on health.
He surrounds me with loving kindness and tender mercies.
He fills my life with good things! Psalm 103: 4,5