DaddyBurl News


Wed. news on Dad: He is now home! yippee! He was released and is home and doing better everyday. It is still going to be a long, slow process of healing but being home is so much better than being in a hospital and that alone will speed up healing. Thanks to sweet Debra for being there the past few days to ease Mom's anxiety about being able to handle helping Dad by herself for the first few days. He is still having lots of pain in his chest and the worst pain is in his neck. They are going to scan his neck again in a few weeks to check on breaks after the swelling goes down. Please continue to pray for this pain in his neck to get better. There is a good joke in that last sentence. You know it. :)

I wanted to share a sweet email from my cousin Scott that he wrote about Dad when this first happened. I love it and I love you Scott.

Blessings on your day today. Let us all have open eyes for ways to glorify and serve our good God today!

Dear Aunt Jan, and all,
Kicked, blasted, burned, and now run over, Uncle Burl is one of the
truly tough guys. But we know that angels attend him with great
diligence. We know what powers him. We know the source of his
tenacious grip on life, the source of life itself. He is a man with
purpose and drive who inspires the rest of us to strive to do better.
I know he has been an inspiration to me nearly all my life. Now that
he has been forced to rest up a bit, it's a good time to contemplate
these things. I love Uncle Burl, and I want him to get well soon. I
wouldn't like to think that I might never get to see him again, or
hear his laugh, or sing with him a song of faith and praise. I pray
that God will want what we want in this regard, and I trust he does.
In Jesus' name, dear Lord, let it be! Amen.
I love you all.
Scott

Wanted to share with you how perfectly wonderful my Mother is. My parents just returned from a little trip to Branson a few weeks ago. As I was leaving to come home from her house after being there while Dad was in the hospital she gave me these pre-Christmas gifts. She is so thoughtful. I love collecting coffee mugs as I have said before and I LOVE snow globes. I love a lot of things obviously, but don't you think there is something magical about snow globes? I do. This one plays "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas." Thanks Mom!


Comments

TexWisGirl said…
So sweet of your mom! You have a wonderful, loving family - cousins included. :)
Mardi said…
I'm so glad Daddy Burl is ok. I love what Scott wrote. As I read that I thought, I hope I lead the kind of life that would compel someone to write that about me someday. Your mom and dad are so special. I adore them from afar. I think their kids are very special, too! AND their grandkids. Thanks for keeping us up to date. We're still praying praying praying.
Diana Ferguson said…
Good to hear the good news!!!
Praise God that your dad is home and on the mend. Continuing to pray for his healing.
What sweet "early" gifts! How fun.

Love the letter too...:)
Thanks for the anniversary wishes!
Congrats to you and your husband on your anniversary next week.
Randy Daugherty said…
So glad to hear that Burl is doing better. Enjoyed talking with Ms Jan on Friday. Give my love and best wishes to your family. Hoping your holidays are the best!

Popular posts from this blog

Red Velvet Trifle...

Mom's Apricot Cobbler...

Camp Blue Haven-2012