Enduring Trials...

Psalm 18:19-

He brought me out into a spacious place, He rescued me because

He delighted in me.


28- You, O Lord, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light.


32- It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect.


The past months have been really trying for my folks. Mom was diagnosed with diabetes and then Dad had this terrible tractor accident and follow up surgery that paralyzed his vocal cord. We were very thankful to find out why he is coughing and having trouble breathing and eating and talking but now he has to deal with working hard to gain his voice back and trying to get back to normal.

I am so proud of how positive he is being and how God is working in his and Mom's lives to encourage and strengthen them in so many ways through all of this. Mom always finds something positive to text to me early in the mornings most days. It is nearly always a scripture and thought from her early morning bible reading. What a blessed people we are to have the Word of God to strengthen us and guide us and to show us God's nature.

Isn't it interesting how much closer we draw to God in our need than when everything is just running along smoothly? I see that the more trials we endure the more we learn to always stay close to Him. It is a challenge to be consistent in our fellowship with Him instead of just when we need Him. I am so thankful for the peace and joy He showers on us through time spent with Him.

I choose to be positive today. Thank you Mama. Thank you for your example of laying His word on your heart and for how you and Daddy love all of us so completely with no reserve. You show us a glimpse I think of how God loves. What a blessing to have Godly parents. It's awesome.

Speaking of wonderful, Godly parent's...Sid's Dad had his Birthday yesterday. I love this picture of him at work with his Birthday balloons. I can't say enough about the blessing of having DaddyBob in our lives. I am thankful that we live closer to him and can see him more often. His and Mama Jo's example of Godly living and how they glorified and glorify God consistently every day has been a faith builder for us. We love you DaddyBob and Happy Birthday!

Blessings...

Comments

So true..and I love the scripture you
wrote..."He rescued me because He delighted in me" What a testimony of your parents faith and what an encouragement to others, like me, to walk my faith before my children...oh, I wish my walk spoke more faith than fear...but I am learning.
Blessings on everyone's healings
TexWisGirl said…
It is so true that we turn to God more easily in times of trouble rather than every day 'normalcy'. :)
Debbie Petras said…
I'm so glad you stopped by Heart Choices this morning. This is my first visit to your blog but I know I want to return.

You are very fortunate and blessed to have godly parents who provide an example to you. Too few people have that experience and always seem to be searching for love in all the wrong places. That is the greatest gift they can provide; sharing the love of Jesus. I especially love that your mom makes the choice as to how to respond to trials.

One of my goals for Heart Choices is to share that we don't always get to choose our circumstances. But we can choose our response to those circumstances. My prayer is that I would choose to respond with the love of Jesus and to trust that He is in control.

I pray that your father will regain his voice!

Blessings,
Debbie
You are so sweet. I love the way you honor your parents. They are precious. I miss mine so.
Thank you for sharing this and I pray for healing. Thanks also for your sweet comments on my post!
Great post. Love the pics. I will continue to pray for your folks.
I am striving to be with God daily, not just in the "hard" times.

Popular posts from this blog

Red Velvet Trifle...

Mom's Apricot Cobbler...

Camp Blue Haven-2012