The heavens declare the glory of God;

the skies proclaim the work of His hands.

Day after day they pour forth speech;

night after night the display knowledge.

Ps. 19: 1&2


Gorgeous sunset on our drive home last night.

My sweet husband took me out to eat last night to a cool little restaurant on the square in a quaint little town not too far away. It was a well...this will sound a little corny...enchanting.

I spent a lot of the day yesterday thinking about how quiet it is without the boys at home and the inevitability of facing the echoing quietness well...forever. Sad, silly thoughts I know, but hey I am a woman...I suppose we are allowed to ponder such things from time to time.


Anyway, as we sat and enjoyed a great meal together the thought hit me, I better check my phone and see if Wes has checked in. Duh. (He is back at camp for two weeks.) We had a little laugh about how different this is going to be and then I thought about how we raise them and love them and coach them and then let them fly away praying that they will act and live as they were taught to.

Wow, it is hard not to be even in semi control over your children. Now I will have to learn to turn this young one over to God full time just like we did his brother a few years ago. I am working on laying him at God's feet and being at peace about it.

I can hear the tearing of the apron strings.

I am feeling ok about it all this morning. I am taking a deep breath and thanking God for this time with my wonderful husband, just the two of us again. Enjoying life like it was kind of before children...is fun and well...enchanting.
Blessings on the beautiful, hot summer Saturday! Amy

Comments

Michelle said…
Always enjoy your posts Amy. Hoping to have Davis attend BH starting next year. Hope the bear is gone by then :)
Blessings,
Michelle
I ditto Michelle. This post is a good reminder to me that I should enjoy these days as much as I can...even if they involve my youngest one peeing in the trunk of the van. You are a blessing to so many! Thank you!

Popular posts from this blog

Red Velvet Trifle...

Mom's Apricot Cobbler...

Camp Blue Haven-2012