Thanksgiving Fellowship...

We are home!!  What a wonderful time with family and friends over Thanksgiving break.
Before the picture overload...these awesome words to encourage
from this early morning time with God .
Psalm 90

14 Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love,
that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days.


Psalm 91
1 Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.”


Pictures to prove the fun...
Annual family Aggie (whoop) picture in Aggieland with DaddyBob.
Gorgeous day with lots of people that we love.
Kiddos not in order age wise but height wise. Cute.
Typical family picture when Wes is in the pic. Since he is part of the family he is always in the picture. Duh. Anyway, I am not sure that we have ever had a serious or decent picture EVER because of our youngest boy. What can I say? It's hopeless...but fun. Thanks for all of the crazy pictures Wes!
Sweet, sweet, sweet. (Notice the face. Reference the above comments.)
Love the marching in of the Aggie Band before a ballgame. Goose bumps.  They are so wonderful.
And what a game it was.  Heartbreaking for the Ags, but we were happy for Casey Burl. He did the Longhorns proud (and his mama and papa and family.)
Thanksgiving at the ranch house.  Yum.  Yes, those are plastic red solo cups. We go in for fancy here!  More time to visit and less time washing dishes is what I say!  We even used paper plates! Gasp! I know, it was a little pitiful but no one was crying over it. 
Great pic of Wes and cousins Abigail and McLain...
After the College Station Thanksgiving we headed to the ranch.  Yes, the ranch Thanksgiving table was out of order. What? You expect me to be orderly? Anyway, my oldest brother wanted everyone to spread out in all of the deer blinds and count deer one night. We three decided to go together because it just sounded like more fun.  It WAS fun and no, as I am sure you have guessed we did not see one deer.  You mean you have to be quiet to see deer from a deer stand? Whoed a thought.
The colors were gorgeous.
These colors were most gorgeous. The sky out there always seems so blue and the clouds so puffy.
Picture perfect.
Of course we had to go into Brownwood for an over stuffing of our belly's at Underwoods. 
 So. Very. Good. Sweetie hearts below...
Casey lovin on his mama with DBurl peaking around and Chance telling some funny story. Love you all.
No words for how comforting and wonderful this spot is.
Oh, and really to leave the biggest news for last because it is terribly exciting and wonderful...My incredible husband defended his dissertation two days ago and is now a Doctor! Well...Phd!  He has worked so very hard for so very many years. We could not be more proud of you honey! You are super man!! I think we still look pretty good together! Love you!!
Blessings friends and family!  I am off to put up the Christmas tree! More family fun ahead.
Talk to you soon!

Comments

Wa Wa Waughs said…
Missed your posts! Glad you are home. Looks like a very eventful last few days!
Warren Baldwin said…
Neat pics. Glad you guys had a great Thanksgiving time. We did, too. All 3 kids were home for a week. Will see them at Christmas, and then we have our first wedding. Transitions.
Looks like a FUN Thanksgiving with family and sweet weather!

CONGRATS to your husband! That is great, so happy for him.
Looks like a pretty perfect Thanksgiving! Great pics, especially the goofy ones!
Well what can I say...you know I love this post, from beginning to end. It holds such a rich Godly heritage...it tells others that sports can be played and you can still hold onto your faith. It celebrates both sides of the field.

I will miss these games...mainly because I said "yes" to my marriage proposal after UT's loss to A&M and all the years of our family enjoying this game. I don't know all the politics...I don't care...both schools are awesome.

Your pictures are just precious...thanks for always inspiring me to press forward with passing down a Christian Heritage...it can be done in this society.

Bless you and yours Amy
Vickie said…
Boy do I miss those football days! We haven't been to a ut-A&M game since in Austin a few years ago. My Adam was a bass horn player in the Fightin' Texas Aggie Band, and we watched them march down Texas Ave to the Capitol building! Looks like ya'll had a wonderful time with family and friends! You've got a great big Aggie fan club right there!

Popular posts from this blog

Red Velvet Trifle...

Mom's Apricot Cobbler...

Camp Blue Haven-2012