Good Morning...

Hebrews 12:14-
Make every effort to live in peace with all men and to be holy;
without holiness no one will see the Lord.

22-24-
But you have come to Mount Zion, to the heavenly Jerusalem, the city of the living God.  You have come to thousands upon thousands of angels in joyful assembly, to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven.  You have come to God, the judge of all men, to the spirits of righteous men made perfect, to Jesus the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel.

28- Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our "God is a consuming fire."

Interesting and awe inspiring verses. 

Pondering:

Without holiness- no one will see God.
I guess I better know what that looks like.
I do know that a lot of the time I do not look or feel holy. 

But...I know that I am headed for the city of the living God. 
I am going to see those angels...thousands upon thousands of them in joyful assembly.
My name is written in heaven. 
Oh, my goodness...how can I comprehend that?

I am thankful for Jesus my mediator and His sprinkled blood.
His loving act that saved me and offers to save anyone who
will believe and be washed clean and take up his cross and follow Him. 

Ps. 113:3-
From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets,
the name of the Lord is to be praised!

Maybe that is the key to being holy.
Praising His name and sharing His love from the time we get up
to the time we lay our head on the pillow. 
Not out of duty, but out of our great heart desire to please
and thankfulness that our names are written in heaven.
HEAVEN!!  

Blessings on your day and Merry Christmas.
Love, Amy

Comments

Vickie said…
Nicely said, Amy! Sometimes, it's just overwhelming, isn't it!

I'm wishing you and your beautiful family a wonderful Christmas and lots of great memories to save in your hearts. And may the Lord of all bless you richly in the new year!

Pretty snow picture...
Michelle said…
Happy New Year Amy! It was great getting to see your parents at aunt Joy's while we were in Abilene. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.
Blessings, Michelle

Popular posts from this blog

Red Velvet Trifle...

Mom's Apricot Cobbler...

Camp Blue Haven-2012