Thankful Thoughts...

Hi.
In the mornings I have been reading short segments of this book:
I have to read it slow and carefully because it is deep and thoughtful.
It has been blessing me.
Causing me to think deeper about scripture
and about thanksgiving.
(Her thoughts are in bold.)

Here are some thoughts from my reading today.
Profound, to me.
Maybe not to you, but to me.
Profound because I learn when I seek God.
He meets me.
I am dry when I don't seek Him.
He waits for me.

Eucharisteo- thanksgiving
To live in thanksgiving is to live the full life.

Our very saving is associated with our gratitude.

I think the full life comes in complete surrender even in the hard stuff.
Surrendering enough to give thanks for everything...even the hardest of things.

Thanksgiving is the manifestation of our Yes! to His grace.

There are no words for the hard times.
A word to seize and haul up out of a terminal nightmare,
a word for fearless dying,
for saved, fully healed living,
a word that works the miracle that heals
the soul and raises the very dead to life.

Eucharisteo- Thanksgiving.

When I take part in communion aren't I
 enacting my thanksgiving for His pain?
I'm celebrating greater gain through great loss.

Psalm 100:4

Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.

Thanks-giving...
In ALL things and through ALL things.
Sad and happy and big and small.
ALL things.
Blessings. Amy

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanksgiving is one of the key ingredients to good spiritual and emotional health. Without it, we become angry and demanding. With it, we can appreciate the smallest of blessings, and be willing to share them. (Notice how often thanksgiving is mentioned in Colossians).

Good post. wb

Popular posts from this blog

Red Velvet Trifle...

Mom's Apricot Cobbler...

Camp Blue Haven-2012