Hello Out There!

 Hi. 
Sometimes I just don't have much to say.
This dry blogging time stems from having a few conversations where I have felt
completely stupid or quick to speak when I should have been quiet.

I like to blame my strange personality quirks and foot in mouth episodes on menopause...(I am sure there is something I need
to just learn instead of blaming
 my big mouth or opinions on something like menopause.)

I have needed to be quiet and found myself curling up
when I could with some good books seeking some wisdom and keeping my mouth shut. 
 I finished the Hunger Games a few days ago.
It is interesting and violent and a little scary with alot of heart.
 Love this series by Karen Kingsbury.
I have not started this one yet but very, very soon.
 This book is kicking my rear end.  Way hard on me but I am sure that I need it.  What IS it like to be married to me? Not so fun sometimes I am afraid, but I hope pretty good most of the time. Great book to make you take a frank assessment of what kind of marriage partner you are.
  My sister in love, Jan gave me this sweet frame for Christmas. I have probably shown it to you already but it is worth another photo. I so agree with the statement. I like our love story the most. And if you think about it...shouldn't we all love our OWN love story the most? I think so.
   Look at this photo above! Dallas and Ft. Worth were taking cover this afternoon.
Several tornadoes were throwing big things around.
My honey was over there today. So thankful he was safe.
 We spent the weekend with our boys and it was parent's weekend at A&M.  We went to a special "Breakaway" on campus. It was really wonderful to sing and to listen to so many voices praising the Lord together. Very inspirational message. A great evening.
This is my little friend that plays in a tree right outside my window where my computer sits. He stares at me and then forgets me and tries to jump from the tree onto our bird feeder. Duffus.  He has not made it yet that I have seen.
Well, I guess this post has been long and boring enough. I will leave you with these thoughts from the middle of another book I am reading..."One Thousand Gifts" by Ann Voskamp

Is the busyness of our lives leaving
little room for the source of our lives?

Through all that haste I thought I was making up time.
It turns out that I was throwing away time.

Hurry always empties the soul.

I don't really want more time; I just want enough time.  Time to breathe deep and time to see real and time to laugh long, time to give You glory and rest deep and sing joy and just enough time in a day not to feel hounded, pressed, driven, or wild to get it all done-yesterday.

I just want time to do my one life well.

(We can find it but we have to be looking.)

I only live the full life when I fully live in the moment.

Wherever you are, be all there.

The real problem of life is never a lack of time.
The real problem of life- in my life- is lack of thanksgiving.
(When I give thanks intentionally-
time slows down- I can live in the moment.)

Blessings friends. Love, Amy

Comments

Wa Wa Waughs said…
So glad to hear from you again! The nice thing about blogging is we can write and edit and hopefully not stick the foot in the mouth! I can't imagine you with your sweet spirit doing that anyway. Love thoughts about living life well...I'm in a busy time right now.

Popular posts from this blog

Red Velvet Trifle...

Mom's Apricot Cobbler...

Camp Blue Haven-2012