We found a sweet little house with a
big open living, dining and kitchen area.
We are planning on having lots of big meals with lots of friends
and college kids eating and enjoying themselves.
What a happy thought...
Come on in! Well, in July that is.
This sweet backyard has palm trees and lots of flowers and birds.
I can see lots of good times to be had in this space.
Just a few thoughts for today. Nothing you don't already know but here they are:
In our Bible class a few weeks ago our preacher was talking about Faithful Families. He had a great list of qualities of Godly families. One of his best points was-
Families either build generations of faith or faithlessness.
Exodus 20:5 & 6- You must not worship or serve any idol, because I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God. If you hate me, I will punish your children, and even your grandchildren and great-grandchildren. But I show kindness to thousands who love me and obey my commands.
As I thought about Faithful Families, these thoughts came to mind:
1. Life is not about us. It is about HIM.
2. Give, give, give. It is all about giving and not getting.
3. It just depends on how you look at things. You can look with a positive attitude or a negative one. It makes all the difference in how you feel emotionally, physically and spiritually.
4. We must give thanks in everything. Everything. Good and bad. Happy and sad. Be thankful.
5. Stay in the Word. It is the playbook. It is the lifeline.
6. Stay in fellowship with other believers. We gain strength from our brothers and sisters in Christ. We are accountable to them and them to us. Don't walk it alone. We need people around us that are wearing Jesus' skin and being His hands and feet. We can join in to glorify Him together.
Just a few "family" thoughts.
We have to live them and then teach them to our children.
Here is an awesome and encouraging thought for today:
Ps 111:7- The works of His hands are faithful and just,
all His precepts are trustworthy.