Busy Days of Fall...

Some days this is how I feel. Droopy and tired.
This little plant is so incredibly sensitive. It is not really the kind I like to take care of. Touchy, touchy.
I am like this little plant is lots of way though, so it is a good reminder.
It I don't feed on the Word of God this is how I look spiritually, and how my attitude and even body language looks.  We need to feed on the Word daily to keep the droop away and to feel the joy surge through our hearts and bodies.
I saw the lines written below somewhere last week and wrote them down. Sorry, I don't remember where it came from but I think it was from Ann Voskamp or Mary DeMuth. I have really been devouring the thoughts of both of these women. They are God searchers. I have never read such beautifully crafted words as these women write. On one hand I feel completely incompetent to type one more letter after reading how they weave thoughts and words together. Satan works on me that way. So, even though I cannot write words that move hearts like they do I can still write something that points maybe just one person to our Mighty God so I will carry on. These are awesome words:
"When you are upset, you upset what is really in you."
"No matter the jarring, a jar of fresh water can't spill filthy water."
What is in our hearts and minds comes out of our mouths.
The more we fill ourselves with God's Word the more we spill out fresh water and fresh hope.
Let's avoid being droopy. We can you know.
Just a thought.
We have been having lots of folks over for meals and getting to know some really wonderful people.
Tonight we have a group coming over for soup and 42. Should be a great time. Hope the temps will drop a little to enjoy the hot soup. Jan's Pumpkin cake is on the menu too. Of course. :)

Don't you just love this time of year with all of the warm oranges and green and gold colors around? Lovely.
 A friend of mine made these cute cupcakes for a get together the other night. Beautiful.
So, have a great fall day. Blessings- as we all try to fill our hearts up with the Word.

Psalm 19:8
8 The precepts of the Lord are right,
giving joy to the heart.
The commands of the Lord are radiant,
giving light to the eyes.


Psalm 119 :9-16
9 How can a young person live a pure life?
By obeying your word.
10 With all my heart I try to obey you.
Don't let me break your commands.
11 I have taken your words to heart
so I would not sin against you.
12 Lord, you should be praised.
Teach me your demands.
13 My lips will tell about
all the laws you have spoken.
14 I enjoy living by your rules
as people enjoy great riches.
15 I think about your orders

and study your ways.
16 I enjoy obeying your demands,
and I will not forget your word.

Blessings! Amy
                                                 

Comments

Wa Wa Waughs said…
I like the droopy plant comparison! So true. Love all your fall decor!
The plant comparison is GREAT!

I adore the warm and cozy colors of Fall...and soup!
Becky V said…
It's so ironic that you posted this! I'm feeling kind of guilty because I actually threw out a plant that looked exactly like that this week! I got so tired of trying to make it happy and seeing it over there all disgruntled all the time. Glad God doesn't throw us out when we get droopy. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Red Velvet Trifle...

Mom's Apricot Cobbler...

Camp Blue Haven-2012