Flower Feast...for the Eyes...

Butterflies too! Since the wonderful rain a few days ago the flowers are out again in all their glory.
Glory, by the way, after studying the word in class this morning, is only truly a God word. We can point to His glory when we are reflecting and loving Him. He will not share His glory. The only thing we should glorify is Him. We SEE His glory in everything if we look.

Isaiah 42:8
“I am the Lord; that is my name!
I will not yield my glory to another
or my praise to idols.
I think the word "glory" is going to require more study for me.
It is other worldly and interesting.

We are loving this flowery, butterfly, hummingbird and all kinds of other birds backyard. We do not like the armadillo that keeps grubbing around in our flower beds but he is being allowed to stay a little longer. Well, until we kill  err... find a way to be rid of him. :)

Here are some happy flower and butterfly pictures:




This is the super book we are studying in our ladies Bible class. Awesome and inspiring study.

Some of the thoughts from today were:

You belong to Jesus! Live like Him!
Do we have un-confessed sin our lives? Am I tolerating sin in my life?
Am I living a life that is set apart for God?

2 Cor. 7:1
Therefore, since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God.

Galatians 4:4-5
But when the right time came, God sent his Son who was born of a woman and lived under the law. God did this so he could buy freedom for those who were under the law and so we could become his children.
We are adopted daughters of the Almighty God!!
 We are daughters who are standing on the promises of Christ our King! Through eternal ages let His praises ring! Glory in the highest I will shout and sing! Standing on the promises of God!
Blessings! Amy

Comments

Wa Wa Waughs said…
Glory is a God word! Never thought of it in that way...I was outside yesterday snapping pics of my flowers too. So neat the way they come back after the heat! I have a lot of buds on my Angel's Trumpet trees and hope the cold this weekend doesn't fool them.

Popular posts from this blog

Red Velvet Trifle...

Mom's Apricot Cobbler...

Camp Blue Haven-2012