Savvy Southern Style Dining Room Inspiration...

Isn't this lovely? The red checked curtains I particularly love.
Of course- Red is just so yummy.
I really wanted our dining room to look like the photo. I think the paint is close but I have to save my pennies to afford the curtains. I will post whenever that happens. These are just some old curtains put up to pass the penny pinching time. I do love it.
The table is not a wonderful yellow but it is a warm honey-looking wood.
 Happiness is something you decide ahead of time. So very true.
Thought you might like to see these salvaged bar stools I bought at a resale store. I covered them in red. I am sure you are not shocked.  We will be ahead of the game come Christmas time. :)
Just a thought for the day:
The most important things in life are not things.
I remind myself of this fact nearly everyday.
Blessings. Amy

Comments

Vickie said…
Hi Amy - I don't know, I rather like your table. It's more rustic or something. I love red, tho, and I think you've done a great job in your dining room. You're right - THINGS are not important, but as long as we have to live here on this earth, we can make our surroundings pleasant and cozy for our family and to be hospitable for strangers. Great job on your barstools, too! Have a great week, Amy!
Big fan of red around here...the picture is lovely, your bar stools are great...and yes, life is more than things, they are all wood, hay and stubble and will burn...I have to remind myself of that often
Wa Wa Waughs said…
Have that saying about things on a magnet on my fridge! So true. I think your place has awarm comfortable feeling!

Popular posts from this blog

Red Velvet Trifle...

Mom's Apricot Cobbler...

Camp Blue Haven-2012