Camp Blue Haven- Fire- No Fear...

Only a little over a week away...
(Please pause the blog music.)


Right now it looks like this up there...
There is a large fire burning near Pecos about 25 miles away. The smoke is blowing over camp and into town.  The fire is burning in the camp's direction but is not threatening it.  Our youngest gentle giant just drove in a few minutes ago and he says the smoke is bad. 

Friends, please pray:
1- That this fire be put out fast and that there will be no more fires around camp.

2- That CBHaven is protected. Over 1,200 campers are excited about coming to camp to be with friends, to make more friends and to give more of their heart to Jesus.

3- That God blesses this mountain region with lots of rain!

4- That the first session campers and staff and counselors will not fear but trust God and that they will be safe.

There have been so many horrific, sad things happening lately. The tornadoes in Oklahoma and just so many sad and concerning things (cancer) in so many loved ones lives.  So thankful that no matter what, we can rely on the fact that God is in the mix and is in control. We rest in the peace that He gives us.  No matter what the outcome of things-we know the end of the story and it's a happy one. Praise the Lord!

Isaiah 41: 10 & 17-20

10 So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

17 “The poor and needy search for water,
but there is none;
their tongues are parched with thirst.
But I the Lord will answer them;
I, the God of Israel, will not forsake them.
18 I will make rivers flow on barren heights,
and springs within the valleys.
I will turn the desert into pools of water,
and the parched ground into springs.
19 I will put in the desert
the cedar and the acacia, the myrtle and the olive.
I will set junipers in the wasteland,
the fir and the cypress together,
20 so that people may see and know,
may consider and understand,
that the hand of the Lord has done this,
that the Holy One of Israel has created it.

Isaiah 43: 1-3
But now, this is what the Lord says—
he who created you, Jacob,
he who formed you, Israel:
“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
2 When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.
3 For I am the Lord your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Red Velvet Trifle...

Mom's Apricot Cobbler...

Camp Blue Haven-2012