Chalk Painted Table...

I love this table! It was my grandmother's that we sat around on Sunday's after church eating fried chicken and mashed potatoes. Lots of great memories.  I have had it a while and if you will notice the top of it is a big mess. Lots of drink rings and it needed to be stripped and refinished badly. I have to say that I am not very good at that process. Been there done that kind of work and it does not end too well for me. I did not want to pay to have it done so I decided to go a little different way.
I was reading about Chalk painting old furniture and decided to give it a go. (Yes, I know Mom that it breaks your heart for me to paint Mamamia's good maple table. Sorry! Please forgive me.)

Here is the recipe:
Flat latex indoor paint (color of your choice)
Half cup of plaster of paris
Half cup of water
Mix the plaster of paris and water well, then add 1 cup of paint.
Mix well and apply with a foam brush.

It dries unbelievably fast. I mean like in 90 seconds. I used a buttery yellow.
I love the old fashioned way it looks. I think I put 4 coats on the top of the table.
You can then take sand paper and rough up the edges for a really shabby look.
I put a coat of Min Wax on the top of the table and rubbed it in.
I am pleased.
Give it a try. Easy. Easy.




Blessings on your day! Amy

Psalm 5:11-12
11 But let all who take refuge in you be glad;
let them ever sing for joy.
Spread your protection over them,
that those who love your name may rejoice in you.
12 Surely, Lord, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield.

Comments

Wa Wa Waughs said…
That looks really good! From your title I thought maybe you meant it was black and you could write on it with chalk. Guess I'm kinda out of it on the new trends!
Love that table!looks great!

Thanks for sharing the recipe for chalk paint...didn't even think about mixing it up myself. Keep us posted on the "wear"
Good work Amy!

Popular posts from this blog

Red Velvet Trifle...

Mom's Apricot Cobbler...

Camp Blue Haven-2012