Questions: Scripture Answers...


If I want my focus to be on God - how do I put Him first?


Deut. 11:18,20
Fix these words of Mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your foreheads. Write them on the door frames of your houses and on your gates, so that your days and the days of your children may be many in the land.

James 1:22-25
Do what God’s teaching says; when you only listen and do nothing, you are fooling yourselves.
Those who hear God’s teaching and do nothing are like people who look at themselves in a mirror.
They see their faces and then go away and quickly forget what they looked like.
But the truly happy people are those who carefully study God’s perfect law that makes people free, and they continue to study it. They do not forget what they heard, but they obey what God’s teaching says. Those who do this will be made happy.

Ps. 5:3
Listen to my voice in the morning, Lord.
Each morning I bring my requests before You and wait in expectation.

How can God help me in difficult situations? How does He want me to respond?

Psalm 18:1-3
I love you, Lord. You are my strength.
The Lord is my rock, my protection, my Savior. My God is my rock.
I can run to him for safety. He is my shield and my saving strength, my defender.
I will call to the Lord, who is worthy of praise,and I will be saved from my enemies.

1 Corinthians 6:18-20
So run away from sexual sin. Every other sin people do is outside their bodies, but those who sin sexually sin against their own bodies.
You should know that your body is a temple for the Holy Spirit who is in you. You have received the Holy Spirit from God. So you do not belong to yourselves, because you were bought by God for a price.
So honor God with your bodies.

Proverbs 18:10
The Lord is like a strong tower;
those who do right can run to him for safety.

Micah 6:8
O people, The Lord has told you what is good, and this is what He requires of you; to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

1 Cor. 15: 58
Therefore, my dear brothers, STAND firm.
Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of The Lord, because you know that your work in The Lord is not in vain!

How can we keep ourselves pure?

Psalm 119:9-16
How can a young person stay pure? By obeying your word.

I have tried hard to find you—don’t let me wander from your commands.

I have hidden your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.

I praise you, O Lord; teach me your decrees.

I have recited aloud all the regulations you have given us.

I have rejoiced in your laws as much as in riches.

I will study your commandments and reflect on your ways.

I will delight in your decrees and not forget your word.

Philippians 4:5-9
Let everyone see that you are gentle and kind. The Lord is coming soon.
Do not worry about anything, but pray and ask God for everything you need, always giving thanks.
And God’s peace, which is so great we cannot understand it, will keep your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. Brothers and sisters, think about the things that are good and worthy of praise. Think about the things that are true and honorable and right and pure and beautiful and respected.

How do you find God if you have walked away from Him? If you have sinned and feel you can't be forgiven?

Isaiah 1:18
“Come now, let’s settle this,”says the Lord. “Though your sins are like scarlet,I will make them as white as snow.  Though they are red like crimson, I will make them as white as wool.

Romans 8:38-39
And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love.

No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.

What does God tell us about drama and gossip?

Proverbs 11:13
A gossip betrays a confidence:
but a trustworthy woman keeps a secret.

Proverbs 26: 20-
Without wood a fire goes out: without gossip a quarrel dies down.

Eph. 4:3
Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.
Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.

James 1:26
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless.

WHo should I be chasing after?

Psalm 105
Glory in His holy name; let the hearts of those who seek The Lord rejoice!
Look to The Lord and His strength; Seek His face always!

Matthew 6:31-34
Don’t worry and say, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear?’
The people who don’t know God keep trying to get these things, and your Father in heaven knows you need them.
Seek first God’s kingdom and what God wants. Then all your other needs will be met as well.
So don’t worry about tomorrow, because tomorrow will have its own worries. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Psalm 105:4
Search for the Lord and for his strength; continually seek him.

What do we do when bad things happen? Divorce, sickness, death, loneliness, or even when that guy doesn't like me anymore?

Romans 8:26-28
The Spirit helps us with our weakness. We do not know how to pray as we should. But the Spirit himself speaks to God for us, even begs God for us with deep feelings that words cannot explain.
God can see what is in people’s hearts. And he knows what is in the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit speaks to God for his people in the way God wants.
We know that in everything God works for the good of those who love him. They are the people he called, because that was his plan.

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust the Lord with all your heart,and don’t depend on your own understanding.
Remember the Lord in all you do,and he will give you success.


 Blessings! Amy

Comments

Wa Wa Waughs said…
Such great instructions for living a godly life!

Popular posts from this blog

Red Velvet Trifle...

Mom's Apricot Cobbler...

Camp Blue Haven-2012