Give...

Let the heavens rejoice, let the earth be glad;
let them say among the nations, "The Lord reigns!"
1 Chronicles 16: 31
I love how the trees and out of doors look in the autumn sun.
Gold, rich and warm.
The sun seems to be giving its last goodbyes before the cool air settles in.
Autumn is indeed enchanting, even deep in the heart of Texas.
It gives warmth as we are to give warmth.
I have a problem that puts me at odds with my Maker.
I am selfish.
I probably could be classified as a loner and it has taken me lots of years to figure out that I just don't have the right to be a loner.
It's not about me. It's all about Jesus.

1 Timothy 1: 9-10
He has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time,  but it has now been revealed through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who has destroyed death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel.
So, I try very hard to remember that I am not my own. I fail miserably, but I keep trying and receiving God's grace and forgiveness. Some people are just people people, you know. And then there are some that have to fight hard to push themselves out of their comfort zones.
I am one of those. Not most of the time with people I know and love but sometimes with people that are different than I am. Or people that are intimidating, or people that are just hard to know.
I think maybe sometimes I just don't let myself care enough.
I don't know, I am sure there are reasons- like deep seated insecurities, fear of failure, past rejection, comparison...and on and on.  Still, no excuse.

The only way that I can get even remotely close to where I think God wants me to be as a giving person is to remind myself that He Reigns.
He is active in my life every minute and reigns over my past and my future.
That is- if I let Him reign.
When I think about how awesome He is and the fact that He loved me and wanted to save me so bad that He gave Jesus to die for me, those thoughts really blast away any insecurity or selfishness that I let sit in my mind and on my heart.

I walk and live for His approval and give for His pleasure and delight.
He helps me to even forget how insecure I am and fills me with joy at the fact that only through Him I can drop my selfishness and insecurity and step out to bless people.
I am in turn the blessed one.
Hebrews 13:15-16
Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise- the fruit of lips that openly profess His name. And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased. 

So, I just needed to give myself a...do not be selfish pep talk.
You were sweet to listen.
Now, let's get out there and love people even when it is out of our comfort zone.

Comments

Wa Wa Waughs said…
Hey friend, I think we all feel that way sometimes! We haven't talked in a long time! Let's visit...

Popular posts from this blog

Red Velvet Trifle...

Mom's Apricot Cobbler...

Camp Blue Haven-2012