Texting While Driving = Stupidity...


I have a blogger friend that I feel especially close to.
God has been gracious and kind in blessing us to be friends.
She encourages me and gives me advice and has a heart like mine.
I know that the reason we are good friends is that we both love Jesus.
Funny, I have never met her in person but I love her.
Yesterday I found out that her sister and brother-in-law were in a tragic car accident.
He died and her sister was hurt but is physically going to be ok.
Heartbreaking. Painful and senseless.
You see- they were hit by a girl that was texting while driving.
Again- senseless.
I am praying for my friend and her sister and family.
Please, please, let's all STOP TEXTING WHILE DRIVING!

Here is an email I sent my family this morning.

What I should have talked about even more in that email as I pray and think about my friend is the fact that someone died because of a text that probably was just so unimportant. Even if it was important it certainly was not as important as the life of a beloved brother-in-law and husband. There is now a grieving wife and possibly children and family that can't quite wrap their minds around such a dumb mistake.

Let's all stop this madness.
Don't text while driving and encourage everyone you love to stop.



Comments

Oh my~ I am so sorry. It is such a horrible thing! My prayers are with this family!

Thank you for praying for me~ it means so much!

Wa Wa Waughs said…
Thank you Amy. It helps to know that others are grieving with you and feel so strongly about others driving responsibly.

Popular posts from this blog

Red Velvet Trifle...

Mom's Apricot Cobbler...

Camp Blue Haven-2012