Veggies, Long Walks, Good Movies and Sunsets...

Hey! This post gives a rundown of last Saturday. Folks hold the presses. Some exciting stuff here! 
(Not really, but we had a nice day.)

We are trying really hard to eat organic and to up our veggie intake right now.  Sometimes I will buy the veggies and just don't take the time to cut them up where they will be ready to eat. If they are there to grab, cut up and ready to eat then I am more inclined to eat them and not grab chips or something else that is not so good for me. (Trying hard not to even buy chips- they call my name.) Anyway, the bowl below is just organic cauliflower, broccoli, bell pepper and avocado with organic Leo's Italian dressing. Very few calories and lots of nutrition. My Naturalpath says we need to get our veggie intake up to 70 percent of our diet. Ouch. Well- I'll try but that is a hard request. 

I'm hoping to start really loving it soon. 
I wish they made potato chip flavored dressing. :) 
The skies finally cleared for a few hours on Sat. to enable us to go for a good long walk.  Things are starting to green up a little (well, they were until the temps dropped below 32 degrees last night.) EVERYONE was out with their dog or multiple dogs grabbing what sunshine they could grab and enjoying walking off the cabin fever after being stuck inside for a number of cold rainy days. I wish I had taken a picture but I was just enjoying the moment when we walked up on a girl with 7 blond little lab puppies and their mama. What a joyful, fun time they were having.
There were lots of gorgeous red berries along this trail.
So beautiful.
After our walk we decided to go see a movie that a lot of our friends have been talking about. Believe me this is noteworthy because do not go to the movies very often. But, when we do it is a popcorn, finger licking time. (You see why I am working on the veggie intake.)
The movie was called McFarland, USA. We loved it. So inspiring and a true story.
We both cried most of the way through it. (Happy tears. Please don't tell my manly man of a husband that I told you that he cried!)
Go see it.
When we walked out of the movie theater God was talking to us. Wow. 
So breathtaking.
Psalm 18

12 Out of the brightness of His presence clouds advanced,
    with hailstones and bolts of lightning.
13 The Lord thundered from heaven;
    the voice of the Most High resounded.
14 He shot his arrows and scattered the enemy,
    with great bolts of lightning He routed them.
15 The valleys of the sea were exposed
    and the foundations of the earth laid bare
    at your rebuke, Lord,
    at the blast of breath from your nostrils.
16 He reached down from on high and took hold of me;
    he drew me out of deep waters.
17 He rescued me from my powerful enemy,
    from my foes, who were too strong for me.
18 They confronted me in the day of my disaster,
    but the Lord was my support.
19 He brought me out into a spacious place;
    he rescued me because he delighted in me.

I hope that your Saturday was fun and restful and full of good things to eat, long walks and lovely sunsets, or full of whatever you find beautiful and encouraging. 

Comments

Simple Home said…
My kids just told me about that movie. We plan to see it soon. It looks like you had a wonderful day, and that sunset was just the topping on the cake. (potato chips are my weakness too) :)

Popular posts from this blog

Red Velvet Trifle...

Mom's Apricot Cobbler...

Camp Blue Haven-2012