Great Year Colt! Fiesta Bowl.



Wow. What a whirlwind trip. We left on Sunday morning and arrived in Scottsdale around noon on Monday. We slept about 6 hours in Wilcox, Arizona on Sunday night. We had a wonderful time seeing beautiful Arizona. The palm trees and flowers and sunsets were lovely. We stayed in an old mission style resort and it was gorgeous. I guess because of the slow economy the rates were very reasonable. When we drove in to check in we thought that we just must have reserved the wrong hotel. It was absolutely beautiful. What a treat.
The game was a blast. A college football game at that level is just an unbelievable experience. In the first three quarters I thought I was going to have to find some blood pressure medication or someone might have to re-start my heart due to it beating out of my chest. Whew. We had two Ohio State guys behind us. They were loud and were having fun. At one point they started saying some things about Colt. I turned around to let them know that Colt's grandmother was sitting right in front of them and that they better only have nice things to say. (With the high stress level we were all feeling I was afraid I might have to punch one of them out if they said something mean.) ha. But, they were great sports and a lot of fun.
So thankful Texas came through in the end. Seeing that last series that Colt marched them down the field and scored in under two minutes was worth the stomach ache from the countless cups of coffee that made it possible to drive the many hours getting there.
Watching the Longhorns and Colt has made me a college football fan for life I am afraid. It is just so much fun. When they scored that last touchdown I was getting bear hugs from people I did not even know. Everyone was so excited and went wild. We are so thankful that Colt got through this game without getting hurt bad. He said that this was the toughest defense that they played this year.
I am so proud of his comments at the end in the trophy ceremony. Our prayer for him for the last three years has been that God would bless him so that Colt could glorify God. Thank you Father for blessing him on Monday night. How incredible to hear his praise for Jesus and to hear him give You the glory.
Well... I'm glad that it is over for this year. I think we all need a breather. So...so long football for another year. Well, that is after we watch that silly Thurs. night game.
Blessings. Amy





The Grands



Some of the crew before the game.

Brad's and the teams hotel.


The Scottsdale resort, where we stayed



Lovely



This is winter time? Gotta be kidding me.



The mess..Wes

Before the game.

Inside of our hotel





















Comments

Anonymous said…
You need to visit the gyms in College Station so you know what real athletes look like.... gig'em

Popular posts from this blog

Red Velvet Trifle...

Mom's Apricot Cobbler...

Camp Blue Haven-2012