Pray

My heart is heavy this morning with news of Sierra Brandt's cancer struggle. She is the daughter of one of my dearest friends, Lisa Brandt. She has struggled with cancer in her knee now for months and learned yesterday that the doctors will have to take her leg off below the knee on Monday so that she will survive this ordeal. She is so young, ninth grade I believe and full of life. Please pray for her and for her Mom and family. Pray for them to be brave and for God to give them the peace that passes all understanding.

Also, on a happier note our friend in Thailand Robert had a wonderful report from his surgery for cancer. It was looking like a sure thing but after surgery they told him that it was not cancer. Praise God! Why one prayer is answered and other are not is a mystery, but I pray that we can love and not doubt our God no matter what. I am reminded of this portion of scripture:

Phil 1: 19-26

Yes, and I will continue to rejoice, for I know that through your prayers and the help given by the Spirit of Jesus Christ, what has happened to me will turn out for my deliverance. I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body. Convinced of this, I know that I will remain, and I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me.

This is a hard concept for me. I know that surely someday I will face this in some way with out doubt. I pray that we can all have this mindset that Paul had, to be so in love with Jesus that all that we do in life will promote his glory and plan and that in death our longing will be so intense...just to see His face. Love to you all. Amy

Comments

Maria said…
I am sorry about your friend Amy. Sometimes it is hard to understand why some are healed while other are not. But I am reassured that all things are working according to His plan to redeem a lost world. Take courage my friend and be encouraged for He is a gracious and loving God.
Thank you for being such an encourager to me, I love reading your heart-felt thoughts.
Love,
Maria

Popular posts from this blog

Red Velvet Trifle...

Mom's Apricot Cobbler...

Camp Blue Haven-2012