Spring Break...Basketball and Big Bend National Park

Hey friends! We are back from our spring break adventures and I have downloaded WAY too many pictures but wanted you guys to see the beauty of Big Bend. We had a super time with the Spruell family. Here is a great scripture that I read this morning and then I will leave you to look at a million pictures if you want to. Blessings on your day! Amy

Psalm 73: 23-28
Yet I am always with you;
You hold me by my right hand.
You guide me with Your counsel,
and afterward You will take me into glory.
Whom have I in heaven but You?
And earth has nothing I desire besides You.
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Those who are far from You will perish; You destroy all who are unfaithful to You.
But as for me, it is good to be near God.
I have made the Sovereign Lord my refuge:
I will tell of all Your deeds.
The mustang basketball team right before their state semi final game. They look very serious.
Benjamin with Will's poster.

Great shot of the Texas arena, the drum I think it is called. We lost to New Waverly, but it was great to make it to Austin. We were able to see Colt and have lunch with him before he left for Peru.

Introductions before the game.

Michael and family at the basketball game. Thank you for Michael and Jan for driving to the game to see Will play.

Big Bend:
First camping spot on the way to Big Bend. Stillwell Store camp ground outside Big Bend.

Gorgeous view. Big Bend is dry and desert, but so beautiful. It is a very peaceful, mind resting place. Wide open spaces are very cleansing to the soul. Thank you God for the beauty we saw there. Down at Boquillas Canyon in the park. Looking at a bend in the Rio Grande river. Good hike.

A guy across the river on a horse. These guys sold walking sticks and copper scorpions and such on our side of the river and then would ride over real quick to pick up the money.


A group of people canoeing down the Rio Grande

Boquillas Canyon



Unbelievably steep canyon and cliffs. So beautiful. Sid, walking up the sand hill to watch the kids.


Will and Grant climbing up a really steep sand hill.
Nearly to the top!

They made it!!!


Carl at the top of a high point. Man, you made me nervous!

Sid and I

Parking lot at Boquillas
Old store at the Hot Springs

Old hotel at the Hot Springs


On the hot springs trail

The crowd in the hot springs. It was way too crowded and bacteria filled for us to venture in!

Interesting man in the hot springs.
Hot springs trail
Flowers. Amazing.

The guys playing cards in the pop up.

Our camp site and the Rio Grande village campground.



Our camping group on the Window trail in the Chisos mountains. This trail was 5.3 miles long, I think. Gorgeous walk but very warm and hot the last mile back up.


The end of the window trail. A little scary. That drop off behind us is hundreds of feet down. Yikes!


Cuties!!! These sweethearts make me wish I had at least one girl!
Carl, Becca and Grant overlooking Big Bend from way up high in the Chisos mountains.
Our family.
This little plastic guy has ridden on our dashboard now for about 8 years. He goes where ever we go and nods his head in approval of all that happens. He makes me smile. Goofy.

Gorgeous view heading down to our campground.
I love these mountains. They are on the Mexico side of the river. So lovely.

This red bird flitted around our camp ground everyday. I tried for a long time to get a good picture of him. This is blurry but you can see how beautiful he was.
Wes flipping tortillas.
Cooking tortillas and silliness.

Blooms on some kind of tree.
I absolutely love the ocotilla cactus bushes. I am not even sure I spelled that right. Anyway, they have bright red blooms on the end of them. Incredible that God just wanted to splash a little color in such a dry brown landscape. It is so cool to see how He wanted to delight His children with such beauty if we only take time or look hard to see it.



Trail to Pine Canyon. They have had mountain lion and possible a Black Jaguar sighting on this trail. We were careful.



This sight at the end was worth the walk. It was a box canyon and water dripped down from hundreds of feet above. So cool and peaceful. I could have stayed there for hours.

Will , Grant and Becca on the rocks. This canyon reminded me of a Zane Gray book I read one time. Riders of the Purple Sage. So cool.

If you look close you can see the water dripping down.




Gorgeous sky and flowers. See the bee?

Back at Daddyburl's house on the way home. His new puppy, Badger.

Moos (that is what the boys called the cows when they were little.)

Have a happy and blessed day!

Comments

Candie said…
That vacation looks very familiar! I've got pics of doing those same things with my parents while in high school. I loved it and wish I was closer now to take my son. Is your son an only child? Hope you're having a great week off!

Popular posts from this blog

Red Velvet Trifle...

Mom's Apricot Cobbler...

Camp Blue Haven-2012