Mission Trip...Lukewarm?

I am reading the book "Crazy Love" by Frances Chan and man, chapter 5 about being a lukewarm Christian is beating me up. But, it is good to be reminded and get a clear picture of what I am and of what I should be.
Wes and I are leaving for Albuquerque on his Youth Mission trip today. Will is leaving in about 19 days for school and mentioned last night that he thought he might need to go a little early. Ugh...excuse me? After I stomped around and threw a little fit, I calmed down and slept on the idea. I will try to be open minded but, this is painful. Anyway, thoughts below...lukewarm... When we want God and a bunch of other stuff, then that means we have thorns in our soil. A relationship with God simply cannot grow when money, sins, activities, favorite sports teams, addictions, or commitments are piled on top of it.

Has your relationship with God actually changed the way you live?
Do you see evidence of God's kingdom in your life?
Or are you choking it out slowly by spending too much time, energy, money, and thought on things of this world?
Are you satisfied with being "godly enough" to get yourself to heaven, or to look good in comparison to others?
Or can you say with Paul that you want to know Christ and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in His sufferings, becoming like Him in His death? Phil. 3:10

Lukewarm people are moved by stories about people who do radical things for Christ, yet they do not act. They assume such action is for "extreme" Christians, not average ones. Lukewarm people call "radical" what Jesus expected of all of His followers.

Just some thoughts I am going to ponder this week. I am thinking I need to think more about packing my bags for heaven than about packing for the next trip.
Blessings. Amy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Red Velvet Trifle...

Mom's Apricot Cobbler...

Camp Blue Haven-2012