Goodwill Table...Redo

Good morning!

Psalm 5:3-
In the morning, O Lord, You hear my voice;
in the morning I lay my requests before You and wait in expectation.


I wanted to tell you about the project that I dove into yesterday. I had so much fun! I had a table and chairs in our kitchen dining room that were just too big for the small space. Grumblings were heard when ever three big men were trying to maneuver around the table to eat. So...I went on a hunt yesterday for a table and found this sweet little thing at Goodwill for $25.00. I have a picture of the one I really wanted below at the cost of over $300.00 but just did not want to shell that out right now. I am investing in coffee for the Keurig right now. HA! (That was just a chuckle for Debra and Shawna.) Love our Keurig...but those coffee K cups are expensive! :)


Anyway, I painted this sweet table and the chairs that went with my other table and waa laa!
Now, I have to say that I am REALLY sore and am moving slow this morning but I am so happy with the results. This is the first major physical project I have undertaken since getting really sick last June and I am thankful to say that I think I survived it without being wiped out. So far. Praise the Lord! God is SO good!


On a side note, I covet your prayers for my Dad. He is struggling to get well from his neck surgery. I think the intubation tube kind of messed up his throat. He has a bad cough and can't get his voice back. Please pray he will be well. Thank you!


I pray that your day will be a blessing to you and you will bless other people around you in any way that God moves you to do so! Me too! Love!

The one I wanted to buy below:
I used an old table cloth to cover the seats of these chairs. I love red. I guess you can tell. :)
Matt. 5:6
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness for they will be filled.

Comments

TexWisGirl said…
That set is beautiful! Love the chair covers and how they offset the darkness of the wood! You did GREAT!

I will pray for your dad! God bless all of you!
That is SO CUTE! Great work! Oh My Gosh...we(co-workers and myself) are loving it!
Oh yea...praying for your dad too!
Rach said…
this looks amazing! You definitely beat the $300 table on this project! :)
Krista said…
Oh, I LOVE doing things like this! Love what you did to the table and chairs . . . it adds so much character; they look GREAT! We continue to pray for your dad and his health. Only 1/2 a year away to CBH! ;-) Many Blessings ~
Becky W said…
WOW! You did a great job! I love the way everything turned out!!! You are one talented lady!

Praying for your dad!
Farm Girl said…
Wow that looks really good, you did a really nice job and it looks just like the one you wanted. You said you liked Grace Livingstone Hill and I wanted to ask you if you could remember the name of one of her books,
I read it only once and it was about a girl who is walking down the street and she sees some men moving a tiny house, she gets it and she moves to to someones yard and makes it into a nice house and she also works as a maid in some rich peoples house. I must have borrowed from someone and I have looked through all of mine. So I was wondering just on the off chance you might remember.
I will be praying for your Dad and that is more important your Dad so don't worry about my question.
Looks great! Love how crafty you are! Also, glad that you were able to have the energy to do it!
I love it! And I adore red, too. :-) I love it when you can find a perfectly acceptable solution for the vision in your head!

Popular posts from this blog

Red Velvet Trifle...

Mom's Apricot Cobbler...

Camp Blue Haven-2012