Snow, PLEASE and...Thanks for the Peace...

Snow like this is what we are hoping for today: (Just a little Calvin humour.)

So far it's just cold wet rain. But...rain or snow, it is nice because this is what is going on...

It's hard to see that there is a big ole' tired seventeen year old boy fast asleep on this cozy couch by the fire. ( I did not want to use the flash for fear it would wake the sleeping giant.) All activities have been called off for the rest of the day because of the prediction of snow or ice or whatever. All I know is it is just wonderful to be home and snuggled in and slowing down for a little while.

Makes me wonder if we are just too busy when we all breathe a sigh of relief that the weather is calling a halt to everything. Maybe we should just slow down on our own.

Blessings on your evening wherever you are. I pray it is peaceful and calm and a time of rest and fun with your loved ones. Come on snow!! I'll take another one of these days tomorrow! Blessings. Amy

Comments

TexWisGirl said…
We got more than I expected here SE of Dallas, but hopefully it won't stick around too long as I have a couple of family members that need to fly out and in tomorrow! :)
We have snow...it has been so beautiful...it started around 10 and has covered everything. Our five year old has had a blast, and so has our 15 year old...I bet you have some now...it is just wonderful!! North of Dallas!
It's snowing here...JB and I made a run to the grocery store and the gas station. I just didn't have time to get that all in yesterday in between basketball games. We need the moisture so badly here...we'll take the snow.

I am happy to be home and in for the night...I think you are exactly right...we need to slow down on our own.
Have a cozy evening...that fire looks wonderful!
Becky W said…
Perfectly put . . . we are awaiting the snow here in TN! School has already been called off, so I am hunkered down at the house with the kids watching college basketball. Ready for a wonderful day of whatever is brought our way tomorrow!

Popular posts from this blog

Red Velvet Trifle...

Mom's Apricot Cobbler...

Camp Blue Haven-2012