Another Last...

In the mornings after enjoying my Bible time I turn the computer on and open the blinds of this window. The view is quite lovely. Our backyard looks out into a few acres of undeveloped land. It is wild looking and I love it. I especially love the really tall pine tree you can see in the middle of the picture.

As I looked out this morning I pondered on another last for our senior boy. I guess another last for us too, and I am feeling pretty sentimental about it all. Pictures of his last basketball game are below. It was a tough season as I stated a few days ago and we were ready for it to be over but now when I think about it...well...high school sports are now over for our family. Wow.

Makes me think about all of the school lunches that I have made for our boys through the years. To tell you the awful truth...I used to dislike making lunches. Why? I don't know. Selfishness maybe. I have no idea. I guess it just got tedious through the years. Maybe it was the comments I heard sometimes about how they did not particularly like what was in them sometimes. Usually though they were nice and gracious. But, lately, I love making our gentle giant's lunches. Funny how it just depends on how you look at it. I am about to work myself out of my everyday Mom job and I am cherishing every minute and every action and every activity. I have loved this job. Of course, I will always be their Mom, but I just know it will look different and feel different and I am asking God to walk me through it. My heart feels a bit fragile right now and a lot weepy. I have the best job ever. Thank you God for every minute of the past twenty years.

Pour out your heart like water
before the face of the Lord.
Lift your hands toward Him for the life of your young children.
Lamentations 2:19

Arise, shine: for your light has come! and the glory of the Lord is risen upon you.

Isaiah 60:1

Blessings on your day!! Amy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Red Velvet Trifle...

Mom's Apricot Cobbler...

Camp Blue Haven-2012