Valentine's Candy...



Valentine's Mix
Salted Large Peanuts (Planter's)
Pink Candy Corn
Pink M&M's (optional)
Mix and Enjoy.
WAY too good.
My friend Denise first introduced us to this wonderful little snacking treat. It is addictive...so be careful. Adding the Valentine's pink candy corn would be a cute way to celebrate for Valentines if you need party candy.

Scripture for today that jumped out at me was:
Ps. 32:
7 You are my hiding place, You will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.
11 Rejoice and be glad, you righteous. Sing, all you who are upright in heart.
I do have a bit of news today. Our oldest William found out a few days ago that he made the Aggie football team. We are so proud of him. Interesting days ahead. He will have to make it through spring practice without getting cut and find his spot, but we think he can do it. Won't it be fun going to games in Kyle Field and seeing young William on the sidelines and even playing! He will do it I just know it. My prayer though, is that God's purpose in all of this will be evident to him. I pray he will be a light to all he comes in contact with.
I pray for him to Stand.
Eph. 6:10-13 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.
Now, don't get me wrong, I don't think this football team is evil (ha) but I am praying for his steadfastness in a new, different, overwhelming world.
Enough rambling thoughts for one morning...
Blessings on your day. Sure hope that it warms up! I LOVE the winter time but I am ready to thaw out! Come on spring!!

Comments

TexWisGirl said…
That snack sounds like the perfect combination of salty and sweet.

Good luck to your son!!!
Becky W said…
First - I would LOVE to be able to enjoy the snack but my son is DEATHLY allergic to peanuts - I may make it without the peanuts!
Second - we will be praying hard for your son as he joins the Aggies (don't know if I will be allowed to cheer for him, but I will tell my brother-in-law who is an Aggie fan). We will also pray that is a shining light to all those he meets!!!
I know you are so proud! Have fun cheering!
Nana's Nuggets said…
Hi! Amy, I love this snack, I have been mixing it up for a long time! I just use the peanuts and candy corn, it tastes like a payday candy bar:)... and congrats! to your son! I bet he will do great! Blessings:)
Anonymous said…
Congratulations, Will!!!! Gig 'em Aggies!!

Blessings,
Gigi Mason
Denise McNeill said…
Love the M&M addition! Great idea! Look forward to hearing more great news about Will! Love to you! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Red Velvet Trifle...

Mom's Apricot Cobbler...

Camp Blue Haven-2012