Wait


1 Sam. 12: 24
But be sure to fear the Lord and serve Him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things He has done for you.

I found it interesting in my daily reading this morning that Saul was made King and so quickly... immediately he did something wrong and sinned against God. He started a fight with the Philistines and then did not wait long enough on Samuel to come and sacrifice and ask of God what to do. He just went ahead and did it himself. I am so like that too. I don't wait on the Lord like I should and am impatient and do things on my own. It rubs me wrong that I can see myself in Saul but I do.

My prayer this morning is that I would wait on the Lord. Pray, listen, wait. On the big decisions and problems of course but even on the everyday worries and small happenings in my life.

I am so thankful for His word that anchors my every day
when I am smart enough to drink from it.

Ps. 108:1-2-& 5
My heart is steadfast, O God; I will sing and make music with all my soul. 5 Be exalted, O God, above the heaven's let Your glory be over all the earth.

Blessings on your day. Amy

Comments

Totally agree..yes and Amen.."smart enough to drink from it"...yes, oh yes
"smart enough to drink from it"

Such words of wisdom sweet friend!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Red Velvet Trifle...

Mom's Apricot Cobbler...

Camp Blue Haven-2012