All About Me?

Thoughts from a dear friend...I say amen and Father, please help me to loose myself.


If WE get to Heaven expecting it to be a place that's all about us, why anticipate Heaven at all? We live in that kind of place already.

Help me to long for GOD, to want to be with GOD, to worship GOD, to please GOD. I despise my selfishness...,and my longing for comforts that train me to be content in this world apart from my Savior. I am not saved if I worship myself still. Salvation is, I believe, being rescued from the worship of self; entering into a oneness with the Spirit, Worship, and Desire of GOD. If HE does not overwhelm every detail of my life in thought, action, and dream - I live in vanity.

Comments

Wa Wa Waughs said…
I do long for heaven more and more the older I get! Don't know if it's spiritual maturity or just facing the realities of physical limitations as we age...thanks for your thoughts!
Michele said…
Definately needed to hear! Thank you so much!!
Nana's Nuggets said…
Hi! Amy~ whoo~yoo! we got a little rain as well! not complaining at all about the little showers! This post was great! I love the Simplicity of christ! Have a great wk-end:)

Popular posts from this blog

Red Velvet Trifle...

Mom's Apricot Cobbler...

Camp Blue Haven-2012