God Loves Them More Than I Do...

These little Bible thoughts are from...

Her blog is called Life Blessings

These words really encourage me. We are not to make idols of anything. Especially our children.

From Sarah Young's Jesus Calling for August 23rd:

"Entrust your loved ones to Me; release them into My protective care. They are much safer with Me than in your clinging hands. If you let a loved one become an idol in your heart, you endanger that one-as well as yourself. Remember the extreme measures I used with Abraham and Isaac. I took Isaac to the very point of death to free Abraham from son-worship. Both Abraham and Isaac suffered terribly because of the father's undisciplined emotions. I detest idolatry, even in the form of parental love. When you release loved ones to Me, you are free to cling to My hand. As you entrust others into My care, I am free to shower blessings on them. My Presence will go with them wherever they go, and I will give them rest. This same Presence stays with you, as you relax and place your trust in Me. Watch to see what I will do."
I don't know about you but this really spoke to me today; do you have a prodigal in your life that you need to release to the One who loves them more than life itself?


Blessings on your day!! I promise not to keep posting sappy little boy pictures after today! Thanks! Amy

Comments

What a great message! I read this after watching one of my best friend's daughter's 1st year video. I never thought of how our children can become our idols. Once again you continue to be a great blessing for me! Thanks for sharing!
Wa Wa Waughs said…
Okay, I need to be reading my "Jesus Calling" I guess! Great thought! I think our generation has some trouble with this - maybe we are overcompensating for our parents lack of involvement with us???
Nana's Nuggets said…
Hi! Amy, love this post!! oh! yeah!! I re-read it with you!! I love how God has spoke to you and I. Thank you Noreen! Hope you have had a good day:). I love your opening pic, OH~the promise of cooler weather!!
Lesley said…
Thank you for posting this. It is definitely something my generation needs to hear as well. May I have permission to re-post on my blog as well? I will give credit to the original author.

Miss you!
Lesley
Good Post!

Yes, we DO need to meet in the middle someday for coffee!!! It would be great! If you are ever into Oklahoma or better yet, Kansas...please let me know!!
Becky W said…
Been thinking of you lately. Hope all is well and you are adjusting (but do you ever really adjust?). Thanks for being such a blessing . . .
Candie said…
I appreciate this post. Thank you. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Red Velvet Trifle...

Mom's Apricot Cobbler...

Camp Blue Haven-2012